[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Barkley

bostonsoxandy

I see no Aaron Rodgers when I watch Andrew Luck.

im just talking potential wise, in Barkley I don't see potential for greatness, I see him as a Matt Ryan type player. With Luck he has the potential to be great like Rodgers, why take Barkley over Luck, makes no sense.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im just talking potential wise, in Barkley I don't see potential for greatness, I see him as a Matt Ryan type player. With Luck he has the potential to be great like Rodgers, why take Barkley over Luck, makes no sense.

I'll agree with that. Barkley screams NFL mediocrity, whereas Luck oozes potential HoF. That said, whereas Barkley obviously has limited upside, RGIII's is pretty limitless.

Edited by darin3

I wouldn't take Barkley over Luck just because right now the media would literally murder you if you were responsible for that move, even if in 10 years it turned out to be the right one, they would still crucify you today

I'll agree with that. Barkley screams NFL mediocrity, whereas Luck oozes potential HoF. That said, whereas Barkley obviously has limited upside, RGIII's is pretty limitless.

Why is Barkley's potential limited to being an average NFL QB?

Because I've watched him play? :wacko:

I've watched him play and see no reason why he can't be elite if properly coached in the NFL and given time to progress...any weaknesses you can articulate in his game that can't be easily fixed with proper coaching?

I've watched him play and see no reason why he can't be elite if properly coached in the NFL and given time to progress...any weaknesses you can articulate in his game that can't be easily fixed with proper coaching?

At least two of us see Jimmy Clausen when we watch Barkley play. I don't see anything elite about him.

Been a starter since his freshman year and has not - at least in my opinion - gotten better on an exponential level despite elite talent around him.... which you'd like to see in a potential NFL stud. Luck, on the other hand, makes the lesser talent look like studs.

I'm not saying Barkley won't be a good NFL QB. I think he can be a lot like Matt Ryan. But then again I could see him fizzling like a Jimmy Clausen type.

This is a fantasy football forum. My #1 focus is how a QB is going to be not only in the NFL sense, but how his production for his team also translates into fantasy value. I don't see elite fantasy value from Barkley. I see it in Luck for sure. I see the potential for crazy Newton-like production from RGIII.

E2A: Barkley's had incredibly elite coaching since his voice just started to change. Mater Dei HS in SoCal is a QB factory. SC has always had elite coaching, especially for QBs. He's had proper coaching. Which, to further supplement my point, would cause him to become a solid yet unspectacular pro.

Edited by darin3