[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Upcoming Movies

Savage Beatings

I really liked the two movies too, they were quite entertaining. But Holmes wasn't a smooth talking ladies man that would have fought for any reason other than to defend himself. The humor, action and violence are almost completely absent in the books. As a Holmes fan growing up, I just would have preferred that the movies had a likeness to the stories.

All the Holmes stories are already done according to the books, most notably by Basil Rathbone in the movies and by Jeremy Brett on TV. Both these are highly recommended if you are a Holmes fan.

I really liked the two movies too, they were quite entertaining. But Holmes wasn't a smooth talking ladies man that would have fought for any reason other than to defend himself. The humor, action and violence are almost completely absent in the books. As a Holmes fan growing up, I just would have preferred that the movies had a likeness to the stories.

I've got a big issue with this. When people started complaining about the Daniel Craig Bond flicks because there was too much fighting, my thought was, "there was always fighting, it was just lame as hell. Now they're actually fighting." So I was cool with that.

I do, however, take issue with turning Holmes into an action hero. I would have vastly preferred the flicks to be more cerebral. You know, a good honest "who dunnit" with some wry humor mixed in. Which, btw, both RDJ and Law would be freaking great at pulling off.

I do, however, take issue with turning Holmes into an action hero. I would have vastly preferred the flicks to be more cerebral. You know, a good honest "who dunnit" with some wry humor mixed in. Which, btw, both RDJ and Law would be freaking great at pulling off.

u do realize this is the U.S.A. were bud light is considered a good beer ,making mac and cheese form a box is cooking , you vote for whomever has the best commercials...........

as a family who rarely sees movies in the theater anymore..movie that i would like to see:

hobbit

darkknight

mission impossible

sherlock holmes (though agree with previous comments regarding portrayal of original character)

the descendants

tom hanks movie

tinker tailor soldier spy

21 jump street

just saw girl with the dragon tattoo yesterday and enjoyed it