[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bill Janklow

MikesVikes

I was just talking to a co-worker, taking away the stop sign running. This was a politician that didn't worry about re-election. He did what he felt was right for South Dakota and dealt with the consequences after. Whatever the state came up against while he was governor, he met it head on. I really think we could use a few more Bill Janklow's in our government. The last thing he worried about was whether his actions would lead to his re-election. I voted for him and would have again. He was a great leader and a brilliant speaker.

I don't want to get into a pissing match about what happened, I had a very close friend that was with him in the vehicle the day he ran that stop sign. Each and everyone of has done something in our lifetime that could have ended the same way.

BTW: He quit drinking years before he ran that stop sign. Speed was his vice.

Edited by Rebellab