[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Land Cruiser Owners?

Brentastic

I've been wanting an older Land Cruiser for a few years now. I started off wanting the FJ40 but recently I've been looking at the FJ60 which is more practical since I have a family.

Anyways, just wondering if any Huddlers owned Land Cruisers. It seems that Cruiser owners have a pretty tight community.

I've heard horror stories regarding the reliability of these vehicles.

I think gbpfan1231 owns one . . .:wacko:

Impressive - nice memory.

I do have a Land Cruiser - 2003 - currently has 98,000 miles and have never had a single issue with it which is the main reason I got it - I have heard good things and that they run forever. It is a bit big for me - no family - no dog - no boat - no toys so I am not really sure I need such a large vehicle but as far as maintenence goes it has been perfect for me.

I've heard horror stories regarding the reliability of these vehicles.

Sarcasm :wacko:

Land Cruisers are known for their reliability.

The FJ60, which is what I'm focusing on now, has the Toyota 2F engine which should get to 300K miles at the least. I'm not really a car guy. My dad never worked on them so I've just never had the exposure. But as I get older and realize I'm lacking certain "man" skills that I think are necessary - I find myself wanting to get a good reliable 4WD vehicle that's easy to work on. The older Land Cruisers are exactly that from everything I've read and heard (buddy mine has 10 Cruisers).

Sarcasm :wacko:

Land Cruisers are known for their reliability.

The FJ60, which is what I'm focusing on now, has the Toyota 2F engine which should get to 300K miles at the least. I'm not really a car guy. My dad never worked on them so I've just never had the exposure. But as I get older and realize I'm lacking certain "man" skills that I think are necessary - I find myself wanting to get a good reliable 4WD vehicle that's easy to work on. The older Land Cruisers are exactly that from everything I've read and heard (buddy mine has 10 Cruisers).

Nope, not sarcasm. One of my old bosses had a 2000 Range Rover, the thing was noisy as hell and the electrical system kept it in the shop quite often (this was'02.) One of my dad's friends had a Range Rover and it was constantly having engine problems. A buddy of mine hand a Land Rover and the interior degraded quickly as well as him having recurring electrical problems. Finally, they're $$ to get fixed.

Go get yerself a Jap SUV and save some money.

ETA:

Also, consider a few other things that aren't "problems" as such.

Horrible gas mileage

Drives like a brick

ETA 2:

Just Realized you were talking about the Land CRUISER... :tup:

Edited by SEC=UGA

Nope, not sarcasm. One of my old bosses had a 2000 Range Rover, the thing was noisy as hell and the electrical system kept it in the shop quite often (this was'02.) One of my dad's friends had a Range Rover and it was constantly having engine problems. A buddy of mine hand a Land Rover and the interior degraded quickly as well as him having recurring electrical problems. Finally, they're $$ to get fixed.

Go get yerself a Jap SUV and save some money.

ETA:

Also, consider a few other things that aren't "problems" as such.

Horrible gas mileage

Drives like a brick

ETA 2:

Just Realized you were talking about the Land CRUISER... :wacko:

You're right about Land Rovers though, they are expensive to fix and problematic.