[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Link posting PSA

detlef

Seems like, since the new site rolled out, more people are botching the posting of links, meaning that anyone who wants to see it has to cut and paste said link into their browser. But it's really easy.

Copy the link just like you would otherwise. Type anything at all into your topic. Select what you just typed and hit the button that looks like two links of a chain with a green cricle hanging off the right one. That will open a text box and you'll be prompted to enter the url (that you just copied) into that box.

There you have it. Then you'll have a handy link with blue underline that someone can just click and, possibly, enjoy.

That doesn't seem to work for the YouTube links.

ETA: I think I discovered my problem. Most of my Youtube links have "..." at the end of the verbiage I post, it appears that when removing the "..." it does work.

Edited by SEC=UGA

test ...

simle link

http://www.thehuddle.com/

you tube - when you paste adds those annoying media tags which doesn' make a link

with media tags removed - but still puts them back

That is the part that still has me confused, despite several people posting how to do it. Its almost like they don't want us to be linking to youtube clips. So since it puts them back after I remove them, how do you make it work. Maybe post that here as well to get more attention. (Honestly it really shouldn't be this hard.)

Edited by stevegrab

What I used to be able to do easily and now not so much, was to paste some text, then highlight it and hit the quote button, which used to automatically place the open-quote bracket at the beginning of the text and the close-quote bracket and the end of the text. It doesn't do that anymore. Not sure why. :shrug:

What I used to be able to do easily and now not so much, was to paste some text, then highlight it and hit the quote button, which used to automatically place the open-quote bracket at the beginning of the text and the close-quote bracket and the end of the text. It doesn't do that anymore. Not sure why. :shrug:

Something like this (typed text)

quote this stuff here

or this (pasted text)

What I used to be able to do easily

Seems to work fine to me.

Edited by stevegrab