[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raleigh NC to allow liqour stores open on Labor Day for DNC

stevegrab

Just saw this headline and read the story, pretty interesting that they'll allow this to be "good hosts". Reminds me some of what I heard Salt Lake City UT going through when they hosted the Olympics. For those who do not know you cannot just walk into a bar in SLC and drink, you must be a member or some other weird stuff. Alcohol sales are heavily controlled there, much like they are in the south and even the midwest

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/18/democratic-national-convention_n_1605796.html?1340032480&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D170896

I still remember moving to Ohio in 1982 and going with my dad to get a bottle of alcohol from the state store. First it was totally different from LA where we came from (liqour sold in grocery stores), second it was one of the very old fashioned stores where almost no alcohol was on the floor, only displayes with prices and you then went to a counter to order it and they got it from the back.

We've come a long way since then, but still feels strange. But not as bad as the dry counties I've experienced in places in the parts of the south (KY, TN, etc.)