[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Rice trade value

Gourdeau

How do you guys value Ray Rice, I kept him last year in our 3 player keeper, 1PPR league. He's the top RB in our PPR yet I still feel like he is under producing. I feel like he is under utilized. Very minimal rushes, like 9-14 per game, yet Flacco hurls the ball far more than I think he should. I've got a lot of trade offers for him, i'm lite at WR and RB 2 and a lot of trades have been very tempting as they've included low end RB 1's like Doug Martin, Spiller, and WR's like Julio.... Right now I have a trade offer for him, tony gonzo and Dez Bryant my first rounder in exchange i'd get Dougy Martin, CJ Spiller, Julio Jones and Jimmy Graham and a 3rd rounder, my gut tells me take this but my heart tells me Ray Rice is a key you can't trade off your team. Is he really untouchable?

I know its old school thought, but I still feel like whoever gets the best player in the trade gets the better end of the deal. I still value Ray Rice and consider him more valuable than almost everyone. If I had him, I wouldn't trade him unless someone was offering me something like Foster, McCoy, Rodgers, Brees, or Brady, etc...

But to each his own I guess.

I've been trying to move Rice for players like Megatron and A.J. Green. My league is also a keeper league. What hurts Rice's value in my league is the bonus points awarded for longer touchdowns. I hate the fact that Average Joe is slinging the Rock for Baltimore. It crushes Rice's true potential.

I own Rice in my main league and don't disagree with what you're saying. Here's my thought, though: the Ravens have to run more now.

They've had the bye week to think about it and with their defense significantly downgraded by injury they need to start working time of possession to keep opposing offenses off the field. They don't have the luxury of putting up with Cam Cameron's passing indulgences anymore.

I had him on my main squad 2 or 3 years ago, traded him for exactly the reasons you state, and the trade turned out to basically be a wash. He's definitely tradeable if the price is right, but I'll be holding him for now. The Cleveland game should make you feel much better about him.

I hate the fact that Average Joe is slinging the Rock for Baltimore.

:huh:

Without a doubt. What do you expect me to say? … I mean, I think I'm the best.

As a Rice owner, I find it incredulous that BAL would base its entire O around the 20th ranked QB in the league instead of running it through an uber-stud RB like Rice. Completely disheartening and frustrating. Unfortunately, they're getting Ws out of the arrangement so it isn't likely to stop anytime soon.

I do think it is a testament to Rice's greatness that despite being limited to under 20 touches a game that he's still one of the top FF RBs and that his superb abilities have compensated for Flacco's obvious shortcomings in allowing the BAL O to function as well as it has despite the light workload.

• 2 weeks later...

Well another week, and another disappointing ,use of Rice's talent started off hot, then Cam decided to let Joe sling it and Rice suffered. 11 points in the first quarter in our PPR league, than 5 the rest of the game. Enraging! Got a pretty incredible trade offer that would give me CJ2K, Bradshaw and Colston , not sure I can refuse..... but still pondering.

If you give Rice that Bernard Pierce touchdown we're all happy with the performance last week. I think the Cleveland game was a good sign, even he didn't have a big fantasy day.

Rice @ Cle

25 for 98 & 1 TD

2 rec for 5

Flacco @ Cle

15 of 24 for 153 and 1 TD

I expect the shift to the running game to continue as the season goes on.