[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sandy - a PSA

Joessfl

My response was to the second have of statement specifically,which implies that since goverment employees were sent home that other companies should do the same.

All non-essential gooberment dont have to report, but other companies still think they are above all that.

It is a fact that a government office closes more often because of weather than businesses in the private sector. They don't have to worry about lost business, or the affect on their customers.

Apparently you think your company is wrong and should give you the day off because of some weather related issues.

I have already sent the original poster a PM trying to explain that, and will not post on that point anymore in this thread.

The only time I can recall the Federal Governemnt closing in DC was 2.5 years ago when we had (2) 2-3 foot snow storms within 2 days of each other. I am not going to get into where I work but we are a manufacturing facility and lost work does effect our customer and delivery schedules.

I will agree that most Fed workers are lazy slobs but for those of us that aren't and do hold a pretty important job, wether the public sector thinks differently or not is on them, I will again say (the really bad word) you

• Like 2

My response was to the second have of statement specifically,which implies that since goverment employees were sent home that other companies should do the same.

All non-essential gooberment dont have to report, but other companies still think they are above all that.

It is a fact that a government office closes more often because of weather than businesses in the private sector. They don't have to worry about lost business, or the affect on their customers.

Apparently you think your company is wrong and should give you the day off because of some weather related issues.

I have already sent the original poster a PM trying to explain that, and will not post on that point anymore in this thread.

I have no idea where you get off assuming you know me enough ti think my company is "wrong". And for the record companies, mine included had reasons for being open. I realize you have an opinion on everything including things you know very little about (I've read your multiple posts in MFL threads, a software that you have never used). And I have no idea why you have the compulsion to spout your opinion on ever freaking thread on this message board but some times you just insulting with you "I'm always right" opinions

And for the record since you so conveniently forgot. Too bad all government employees aren't hard-working individuals like yourself (and no I don't work for the government but I work for a business that can't afford to shut down. I would explain but it would be lost on you)

Governments are the first to shut down because they can, and their employees expect it. (It isn't like they actually do anything and people would notice if they closed.) Others in the real world of business are usually more conservative about closing their business and losing revenue and employee productivity for a day.

Now run along, I have to go put gas in my generator

• Like 3

Fence blew down, some roof damage. Power came back on this morning

ny is bad and Nj shore point devastated , funny I never thought Thungs could be as bad as Katrina up here but they are , just less publicity

Power back on here. 5 days without power and some sections of fence needing to be installed at some point is nothing relative to what others are going through.

If you are in NJ, PM me if you need an extra pair of hands for cleanup, or any manual labor.

ETA: Obviosuly, I meant if you need help with the Sandy aftermath. I dont want to hear from knuckleheads needing a picture hung or a car washed. :)

Edited by Joessfl