[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Michael

DaFreak

Anyone have a feel or insight into if LaMichael James will be active and if so what role he will play in the 49ers offense. I picked him up in a keeper league already but my gut tells me to pick him up in my redraft too. Not much chatter about him in fantasy world, wishful thinking here?

To me he's like a Dexter McCluster who they are not really sure how to use and therefore don't use him that much. He could be another Darren Sproles since he is the same size and was great in open field at Oregon. The kid has talent to be sure and having a wealth of running backs meant no reason to bring James along quickly. I want to see what he can do but so far he has all the markings of a PAC 12 small back who isn't going to be a big factor other than eventually special teams and so third down work... eventually...

To me he's like a Dexter McCluster who they are not really sure how to use and therefore don't use him that much. He could be another Darren Sproles since he is the same size and was great in open field at Oregon. The kid has talent to be sure and having a wealth of running backs meant no reason to bring James along quickly. I want to see what he can do but so far he has all the markings of a PAC 12 small back who isn't going to be a big factor other than eventually special teams and so third down work... eventually...

so...who's the handcuff? gut says Dixon

Looks like kid is going to get his shot this weekend. He could end up being an integral part of the offense over the stretch run. Taking a flier on him.

MIA

@NEP

@SEA

As a "flier"? Ok. Maybe nothing to lose at this point. But (even if Gore goes down and is out completely), how much do you really like any RB against those 3 matchups let alone a rook with no game action thus far? :unsure:

MIA

@NEP

@SEA

As a "flier"? Ok. Maybe nothing to lose at this point. But (even if Gore goes down and is out completely), how much do you really like any RB against those 3 matchups let alone a rook with no game action thus far? :unsure:

Patriots actually rank 5th in pts allowed to RBs over the past month...Mia is middle of the road ranked 15th and Seattle is the poor matchup as they rank 21st

I stashed him on my team as well as Gore hit the 30 wall for RBs and over the past few seasons has had difficulty finishing each year. James is listed at 5-9, 195. I'm hoping he can get on a good off season program and add 10-15 lbs to give him potential as our future primary back. I don't think the niners would draft him as a 2nd rounder if he didn't have potential. He hasn't started yet because of pass protection, and Gore has been working with him on his timing as he hasn't shown the patience yet to let the plays develop,