[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow in NE

Grogansghost

Do people think the Pat's preseason game shows that they actually plan to use Tebow at QB at times during the season? I was thinking that it was more a result of Mallett getting hit, but based on this interview with BB after the preseason game - he seems open to using Tebow at QB a bit.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4746601/belichick-on-balance-with-tebow

This could just be misdirection. To me - it doesn't make much sense to take Brady off the field, but maybe that view underestimates how much preparing for Tebow would tax the other team's time during practice. i.e. maybe Tebow doesn't need to be as effective as Brady to still provide the Patriot's an edge.

Just curious, do people think we're actually going to see some of Tebow at QB once the regular season starts?

Wait, you're going to bench Brady in favor of Tebow? In any situation other than running out the clock in the last 3 minutes of a runaway W?

Belicheck ought to turn back in a SB ring even for having suggested it. I'm sure the rest of the league is very concerned.

I would rather have brady on the field even if its first and goal from the half inch mark.

I agree. Tom Brady is actually quite good at getting the one yard TD even though nobody knows why.

Do people think the Pat's preseason game shows that they actually plan to use Tebow at QB at times during the season? I was thinking that it was more a result of Mallett getting hit, but based on this interview with BB after the preseason game - he seems open to using Tebow at QB a bit.

http://espn.go.com/b...ance-with-tebow

This could just be misdirection. To me - it doesn't make much sense to take Brady off the field, but maybe that view underestimates how much preparing for Tebow would tax the other team's time during practice. i.e. maybe Tebow doesn't need to be as effective as Brady to still provide the Patriot's an edge.

Just curious, do people think we're actually going to see some of Tebow at QB once the regular season starts?

I think you may see Tebow at QB for a series per game or so in different wildcat packages for the reason stated above (in bold). Hoodie is pretty sly that way.

It'll be interesting if he makes the 53 man cut. One thing to keep in mind is the offensive line in the preseason in the third quarter. The pocket breaks down, so Tebow runs... that's what he does. Do I think Tebow is an NFL quality QB... no. If they can find a niche for him (special teams?) I think he'll make the team, but he has too much fanfare to discount his market value. Love him or hate him, what other third string QB get his kind of press each week?

• 3 weeks later...