[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A reason to pump the brakes on Eddie Lacy

keggerz

Meanwhile, the Packers O-line will be much better at run blocking this year. Almost every offense-related decision in the last seven months has been made with better run blocking in mind.

to me, it's going to all come down to this. And I will fully cop to not paying attention enough to the preseason game vs. SEA to recognize the 2nd string OL was in vs. SEA's starters. If that's the case then GB better not have anyone get injured on the line, because there were 3 guys waiting for Lacy to get the handoff in that game.

... And KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN

• 1 month later...

I think we are watching two different games. He made LBs miss all day. Lacy's problem is his acceleration after a cut. He makes that one cut then takes a while to get going again which is why it looks as if he running to contact. LBs adjust and gang tackle him. IMO he looked really good yesterday. Franklin is un rosterable at this point because of the fumbles.

The SOS tool estimates that GB has the easiest RB schedule ROS. Even with Benson last year, GB is sincerely trying to establish the run. I think Lacy will flourish and sneak into top 10 territory. Unfortunately, I don't have him but will aggressively pursue...it actually may be too late and will probably have to overpay.

• 2 weeks later...

I like his fantasy situation, but Lacy doesn't really jump out to me as a runner. Obvious power, but doesn't make people miss at all - it's like he just wants to run through people - that's a tough job in the long term in the NFL

Edited by nelsosi

I like his fantasy situation, but Lacy doesn't really jump out to me as a runner. Obvious power, but doesn't make people miss at all - it's like he just wants to run through people - that's a tough job in the long term in the NFL

He has 3-4 year career written all over him. That being said glad I have him for one of those 3-4 good years