[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Ballard out for the year

CaptainHook

BTW, I think the Giants were content with the one-two of Wilson and Brown and just didn't want to pay for Bradshaw. Maybe because of his foot woes and the Giants wanted to move on, and maybe it was just a business decision. Hard to know for sure. Hindsight may make me look like a fool by season's end, but I still say that Bradshaw has played more often than not, has limited tread on his tires, and is still young enough at 27 to be effective though he might not practice regularly and may miss a couple of games.

So Darin, it's reasonable to assume Bradshaw is going to lose his starting gig to injury or flat out miss enough of the season that we should be pumping Sherwin Williams? The common thread in posts has been he won't hold up. There's nothing in history that says he won't since he has missed little time overall. So tell me how my assertion is unfounded, please...

It's pretty simple. His foot problems are recent. Just because he missed x amount of games in x amount of time has zero bearing on his current condition.

It's pretty simple. His foot problems are recent. Just because he missed x amount of games in x amount of time has zero bearing on his current condition.

They aren't that recent, are they? His last two years with the Giants IIRC. And how does anyone know his current condition? If he wasn't healthy enough, he wouldn't be playing.

Playing in a game and carrying less than a normal workload is not quite the same as playing without limitations even if it counts as a Game Played in the stats.

His YPC the last couple of years hasn't been that terrible. Might have been a hair under 4 in 2011 but was up closer to 4.5 last year I think. Sure, if he isn't completely healthy, then he won't be as effective. Again I ask - what evidence is there that his foot problems are still an issue that will noticeably affect his ability to be effective? As of today, he has been practicing and went 16 for 65 against a tough Miami run D.

The only point I was trying to make here is that Bradshaw getting hurt to the point where he misses significant time isn't a foregone conclusion. Do I think he's a RB1 in the making? No. Do I think we should be talking about Sherwin Williams as an add for week 3? Hell no.

He's the SJax 200 lb version. He might not miss many games, but he sure does drop a bunch of deuces due to mid-game injury/soreness. Second time in last 3 season Sjax has scored a TD and left the game immediately after. That's a 25 point game turned into a 10 pointer. Bradshaw has had plenty of games where he misses more than 1/2 the game after aggravating something. He's tough, and that's admirable that he tries to go on it, but many of us would rather not take that risk. Give me BJGE or DeAngelo Williams with little injury history any day of the week.

Edited by flemingd

But hey he's only missed a couple games in the past 6 years, so why worry? :ball:

Sigh... are words being put in my mouth? I never said I wasn't worried or that concerns weren't justifiable... All I said (and I'm done explaining this) is that the knee jerk injury assumptions / Sherwin Williams stuff is ridiculous. I've explained why already. Apparently my logic is so flawed that it only deserves ridicule? If you simply prefer sarcastic, snarky one-liners when you disagree with someone, then I'll save my breath next time you decide to chime in. Geesh...

Sigh... are words being put in my mouth? I never said I wasn't worried or that concerns weren't justifiable... All I said (and I'm done explaining this) is that the knee jerk injury assumptions / Sherwin Williams stuff is ridiculous. I've explained why already. Apparently my logic is so flawed that it only deserves ridicule? If you simply prefer sarcastic, snarky one-liners when you disagree with someone, then I'll save my breath next time you decide to chime in. Geesh...

Dude... how is THIS:

I have to be a voice of reason in this thread. Ahmad Bradshaw has missed 12 games in six years, so 2 games/year on average. And in his last four seasons specifically (once he became a true time sharer), he missed 1, 0, 4, and 2 games respectively. He has played through injury in the past (pretty well, I might add). And he's only 27 years old with limited tread on his tires from being in RBBC situations with the Giants. Nobody can predict a player getting injured, despite how much history tells us it should happen. So all of this talk about Bradshaw not being able to last the year as lead back is downright ridiculous. He's on a pass-first team anyway, so I would expect him to see more than 20 carries in a game only a couple times this year. History says he may miss a game or two. Please try to remember the facts before drawing relatively unfounded conclusions.

... putting words in your mouth? "History says he may miss a game or two", you say. But historically, his injuries were of the more minor variety, not a serious foot issue.

I'm not sure why this is so difficult to comprehend. And snarkiness appears to be my only recourse since you're obviously a delusional Bradshaw owner. But hey, forge ahead! :tup:

Darin, just want to say thanks for the back and forth here... Realize that I wasn't as dialed in to how different/ more severe his foot issues are than they were previously. So not delusional, just ignorant. Hey, we all make mistakes.

On a freak side note but related, I realized this morning that Bradshaw's value was at its peak so I dealt him literally 3 hours before the T-Rich news to upgrade my WR3. The guys in my league think I'm paychic. So thanks again!!!