[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PayPal - not necessarily an NFL question but...

irish

it does have to do with collecting for FF and NFL pool purposes.

I just signed up for PayPal and when collecting or sending payments, how do I know whether to send the exact amount or if extra fees will be charged? Is that something that's shown when I go to make a payment? However, if I'm collecting for a pool first, I wouldn't see if fees will be taken.

Thanks for the advice/info.

it does have to do with collecting for FF and NFL pool purposes.

I just signed up for PayPal and when collecting or sending payments, how do I know whether to send the exact amount or if extra fees will be charged? Is that something that's shown when I go to make a payment? However, if I'm collecting for a pool first, I wouldn't see if fees will be taken.

Thanks for the advice/info.

#1: Don't ever refer to fantasy football or anything related to FF. Paypal refers to it as gambling and they will shut you down.

#1: Don't ever refer to fantasy football or anything related to FF. Paypal refers to it as gambling and they will shut you down.

I actually remember people saying that. When I run the Super Bowl Pool and Swammi usually collects payments for that, he always mentioned that it's important to write that the payment is sent as a gift or at least not mention anything about pools, gambling or FF.

If you send the payment as a gift (or now I think it is "sending payments to friends or family") the fees will not be deduced. The fees will be taken out if you send the payment as "for goods or services." Unless you are dealing with someone you know well, though, it is a good idea to NOT send it as a gift. If someone rips you off, and you paid as a gift, paypal can't verify that you actually sent the payment - so they can't give you your money back. They do have a protection program though for verifiable payments. Some sellers will charge more to offset fees if you don't pay as a gift, but I generally am happy to pay the extra few bucks to make sure I don't get my money stolen.

Edited by bud29