[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lone shining light

ImNotSoIgnorant

One thing about the ravens owners, ray rice, ravens management, and goodell...Harbaugh so far has come out as doing the right thing, at least as far as Outside the Lines has investigated. He could have taken it further, but whatever. There are a lot of things f---ed up in the NFL so this little bit made me feel a little good.

If you haven't read the article its here:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

Didn't have time to read that very long article, but I cannot see how it can be claimed that the Ravens did the right thing. They knew exactly what happened and worked to get him the lightest punishment possible. Or is that the right thing.

The articles basically says that. Harbaugh was the only one who did the right thing. He told the ravens managent, GM, owners that they needed to get rid of Rice as soon as he found out what happened. In the article it states that Rice told him everything, crying. He even saw the tape. So Harbaugh was the one person who tried to do the right thing.

The articles basically says that. Harbaugh was the only one who did the right thing. He told the ravens managent, GM, owners that they needed to get rid of Rice as soon as he found out what happened. In the article it states that Rice told him everything, crying. He even saw the tape. So Harbaugh was the one person who tried to do the right thing.

Good for him, gives me a new-found respect for Harbaugh, and makes it that much worse for the rest of the Ravens organization.

This was my take as well with one caveat - when it comes to un-named sources in an article you have to be a bit careful. Did the reporters' sources skew towards John Harbaugh, meaning that he may be portrayed in a more flattering light than all the facts would indicate?

Overall, though, the article makes Harbaugh sound like he tried to do the right thing and that most people did not. At least Ozzie Newsome didn't tow the company line all the way to the end. Bisciotti comes off sounding the worst, along with Goodell.

If the facts are true it would seem like Ray Rice's appeal has a VERY good chance of succeeding. If/when that happens that will be Goodell's cue to step down.

Sorry, guess I misunderstood your post, thought you were saying the whole Ravens organization did the right thing.

This was my take as well with one caveat - when it comes to un-named sources in an article you have to be a bit careful. Did the reporters' sources skew towards John Harbaugh, meaning that he may be portrayed in a more flattering light than all the facts would indicate?

Overall, though, the article makes Harbaugh sound like he tried to do the right thing and that most people did not. At least Ozzie Newsome didn't tow the company line all the way to the end. Bisciotti comes off sounding the worst, along with Goodell.

If the facts are true it would seem like Ray Rice's appeal has a VERY good chance of succeeding. If/when that happens that will be Goodell's cue to step down.

I hope not. Rice was complicit later on and regardless...I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but with a situation like that video tape I'd vote for him being done from the NFL. Wish she filed charges.