[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you agree with Foster ( I do ) ?

MustOfBeenDrunk

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/arian-foster-rips-thursday-night-football-as-hypocritical/ar-BB7TfG6

The outspoken running back claims the league is jeopardizing the health of its players by forcing them to play on short rest.

Thursday Night Football is under fire again, this time from running back Arian Foster. Foster, whose Houston Texans turn around on three days rest to face the Indianapolis Colts this Thursday, lashed out at the weekly game while speaking with the Houston Chronicle, calling it hypocritical and dangerous in a time when player safety concerns has become so scrutinized.

"[The NFL] emphasizes concussions when they start getting hit with lawsuits and they care about the players' safety but Thursday Night Football is putting every player on the football field in danger," Foster said on Monday.

Foster added that players around the league find the Thursday night games "annoying."

"I don't know a player that likes it," Foster said. "I really don't know a fan that likes it, either. I think it's just the league's way of trying to generate more revenue."

The theory that injuries increase on short rest makes logical sense, but a 2013 study by the NFL found that the injury rate on Thursday (5.2 per game) is almost identical to that of Sundays (5.3 per game).

What can't be argued is that the entertainment factor has been lacking in Thursday night games this season. After making a big deal about moving the game to CBS and selecting better matchups, not one of the five Thursday night final scores has been closer than 20 points, with the average margin of victory standing at 28.8.

He's not wrong but the games aren't going away so long as the NFL is being paid a pile of money by a broadcaster.

It would be difficult to have a TNF game every week and have those 2 teams coming off a bye, it would mean a pair of byes virtually every week.

Nobody was complaining (not much) when they had to play on Thanksgiving, it was seen as special. Now every team has to have that game on a short week.

"I don't know a player that likes it," Foster said.

How many factory workers, coal miners, ditch diggers, etc. like their work or work environment every day. I guess if the player don't like it, figure out what % of the NFL's revenue comes from Thursday night games and then cut every players salary by that %. They complain about the things the NFL does to make them money, yet they make more money in a week than many families make in a decade. It's not their fault they make that much, but you can't have it both ways. Kudos to them for having the rare skills someone is willing to pay for but quit whining that its so bad.

I think he is right, and I wouldn't call it whining. These guys need more time than that to recover from games. And the product has been lacking. I love having a game to watch on Thursday but if it means bad games than I'd rather not have it. Agreed though, it's not going away