[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unwritten rules, the Huddle, and other experts you have served me well but...

BS Miscreant

I'm going with my gut the rest of the year.

"Always start your studs" has cost me two games.

"Expert" projections contrary to what seemed to make sense to me have cost me two games.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not blaming anyone but myself. I know I am the one who submits my line-up and that makes me responsible for the fact that I am 1-4 instead of 4-1. I'm just saying that either I have gotten a lot better at this and need to trust my gut more often or FF has become increasingly more difficult to predict and my educated guesses have been luckier than most. Let's go with, it's a combination of the two. Either way, let the experiment begin.

From now until the end of this season, this site and others will be used exclusively for concrete information. I will formulate my own opinions and projections.

Wish me luck! Good luck to you as well... unless you're playing me.

Edited by BS Miscreant

Man its so funny u post this because after the past cpl weeks i have said the same thing to myself about this very topic. Everytime i go with the "experts" or other peoples opionions i get burned instead of playing the guy that i want to play. Like you said its no ones fault but your own but im done taking start/sit advice from anyone...im doing what i think is the best play at the time. I should be 3-0 right now instead of 2-1 (we started late) but the one game i lost was .46 of a point because i went with someone the experts thought was the right play. Had i gone with my original play id be 3-0 but thats my own fault.

I think this part nails it

"I'm just saying that either I have gotten a lot better at this and need to trust my gut more often or FF has become increasingly more difficult to predict and my educated guesses have been luckier than most. Let's go with, it's a combination of the two."

This season has been crazier then others, Rice and AP suspensions, more injuries, more new coaches and schemes, teams/players we expected to be good that suck, then turn around and don't suck (Brady wk4 vs. wk5).

People would have thought you're crazy to sit Calvin if he was playing this past week, I did and played Eddie Royal, net gain 4-5 points. But even that was a bit of luck, as I knew I'd be unable to check his status and make a change Sunday morning. If I were sitting at home it would have been harder. (It helped that he did so little the week before, I figured even if healthy he was a risk, but I wasn't exactly plugging in another stud or top WR.)