[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eifert's overturned TD

faceplant

Just took a look to see what the story was with Eifert putting up a goose egg on Sunday and saw that he had an apparent TD overturned.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000541258/article/tyler-eifert-i-dont-know-if-anyone-knows-catch-rule

I could go either way. It didn't cost me a win, but since he's on my roster, I'm going to say "what the hell, that was a TD".

Did it cost anyone a win?

Was it a TD?

Disappointing game for him but went against a decent defense so not too concerned. Aj green was just so hot not surprising Dalton kept feeding him and not giving eifert as many looks.

As for the TD, I would lean toward it being another case of arguing the rule vs actually arguing the call. I think the call is right in this case but the rule is wrong. In my eyes, if it looks like a catch/TD it is a catch/TD. This to me looked like a catch but not so according to the rules.

• Like 1

Why do these writers have to try and make everything so controversial. Watching it yes I feel its a TD. Then I read the explanaion, remember other similar plays (including Dez) read the coach who's on the competition committee agree with the ruling and feel ok with the non TD call.

Didn't affect my game at all, and I dislike both teams involved, so I doubt my judgement is being affected.

Common sense isn't thrown out, but the idea that "he caught it and crossed the GL with the ball = TD" isn't common sense since we know there's more involved based on past experience and our knowledge of the rules.

Disappointing game for him but went against a decent defense so not too concerned. Aj green was just so hot not surprising Dalton kept feeding him and not giving eifert as many looks.

As for the TD, I would lean toward it being another case of arguing the rule vs actually arguing the call. I think the call is right in this case but the rule is wrong. In my eyes, if it looks like a catch/TD it is a catch/TD. This to me looked like a catch but not so according to the rules.

Agree that maybe the rule needs to be changed, but if you need to maintain control to count as a catch, not sure that should change for a TD once the ball crosses the GL, since you haven't made the catch yet. So how do we change the rule, you no longer need to retain control as you hit the ground? Seems to favor the offense even more and some people have already been complaining about that (not in fantasy circles).