[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS fantasy is stupid late

kendegnan

I am with the OP...I set lineups for the week as my first order of fantasy business every Tuesday. If I get hit by a bus on Wednesday, I still want to win my weekly matchup.

I do that as well just good planning, I have guys on a bye/injured (returning from bye/injury) or who are sucking and need to be replaced, I do that no later than Wednesday afternoon. One of our owners realized Sunday around 10AM last week that his usually starting D was on bye, his backup D had their game start already in London, so they had to add a third defense to not get a zero in that spot. Something that is avoidable by checking your starting line-up once mid week and making some changes.

I have played on and co-commished a CBS league and we have no such restriction on setting our line-up. I've looked at them on Tuesday morning and changed them before. Not sure WHEN on Tuesday morning he tried that, if it was before 2-3 AM when their nightly processes (waivers, updating final stats, setting win/loss on game, updating stats, etc.) are run then maybe there was a restriction. I also don't see a way to set a deadline that prevents them from being set Tuesday morning (there is a deadline setting only, last possible time to make a change).

Highly doubt this is a true "CBS sucks and has this stupid restriction" situation and probably a league setting (maybe even one of those free leagues where CBS controls the settings).

Edited by stevegrab

I set my line up tuesday...then spend the rest of the week over thinking and changing it a couple dozen times. ?

I used to do that, but now, I have to have a good reason (basically news) to change my lineup from my initial take. Makes me less swayed by the noise.

• Like 1

I used to do that, but now, I have to have a good reason (basically news) to change my lineup from my initial take. Makes me less swayed by the noise.

Ive been out of ff since 2010. Got asked to help a friend 3 days before draft this year...i have noticed there is A Lot more "noise" available now. It's an adjustment i am making. I thought more resources would help, but honestly it just prevents me from following "my gut". Im doing much better since week 3 just listening to myself and my first conclusions. Seems many experts are just parroting each other these days...lacy predictions last week as example. Glad i benched him. ?