[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trey Williams getting his Shot?

Cowboyz1

Well, I've been advocating this kid's talent all along, as he showed really well in camp and pre-season for the 'Skins, but at the end of the day he was the odd (5th) man out in Gruden's scheme...I could see him eventually being successful for the Pats, but the problem with Belichick is predicting "when"...so, good luck with that! LOL

I understand what you are saying but do they really need a 4th RB on the roster? Or do they REALLY need a 4th RB on the roster?

I understand what you are saying but do they really need a 4th RB on the roster? Or do they REALLY need a 4th RB on the roster?

Sure, why not? As long as they have room on the roster for him. Didn't the Pats carry 4 RBs (Blount, Lewis, Bolden, and White) before Lewis was placed on IR? However, as the 4th RB, Williams better find a role on special teams, otherwise he'll likely continue to bounce around until he does find a team with a clear need for his skills...

Sure, why not? As long as they have room on the roster for him. Didn't the Pats carry 4 RBs (Blount, Lewis, Bolden, and White) before Lewis was placed on IR? However, as the 4th RB, Williams better find a role on special teams, otherwise he'll likely continue to bounce around until he does find a team with a clear need for his skills...

I think White was inactive some before Lewis got hurt, and Bolden was active cuz he plays special teams

If nothing else the kid has the drive in him to be successful:

The 22-year-old, who was claimed off waivers by New England earlier this week, met the media for the first time before practice on Thursday, and proclaimed he was ready to help the Patriots win a Super Bowl.

“Clearly, they’re expecting a lot, and I’m expecting to do a lot,” he said. “Once I’m held to a higher standard, that’s what I’m going to go by. Like I said, I have to do my part. That’s what Bill [belichick] wants me to do. That’s what I’m going to do. I’m in the playbook. My head, everything is in the playbook. I slept with the playbook. [it’s all about] getting in the playbook and contributing.”

He added: “I’m just learning right now. I don’t know what they have up their sleeve, but I’m pretty excited."

Traditionally, the Patriots have asked their third-down backs to work in numerous places all over the field, including the slot. Williams said Thursday he’s up for the challenge.

“As far as slot goes, it’s a different position from running back, but I’m learning the routes and learning how to run those routes,” he said. “They call them different. I’m learning that and I’m learning the routes out of the backfield. I’m just learning everything right now. Just getting accustomed to everything. I’m pretty excited. I just want to get on that field and show them what I can do.”

Edited by DaFreak