[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RGIII to work out for Chargers today

tazinib1

19 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i know it's crazy and beyond impossible, but when rivers was reportedly unhappy, I was hoping that Denver would trade for him. RG3 could learn a lot from him... is rg3 healthy?

There's a huge part of me as a San Di--errr... Chargers fan, that feels so bad for Rivers for all the flak he's gotten while weathering all the horrible management and personnel, that would love to see him leave the team and win a ring somewhere else.  Rivers going to the Broncos with all the weapons they have, and their stout defense would have put them right in the Super Bowl picture again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

despite being broncos fan, i'm a big rivers fan too. Classy guy, good teammate, good father and husband... i'd hate for him to close out his potential HoF career playing in a soccer stadium.

Its a joke and Spanos should feel ashamed of himself. Of course he doesn't which is why he's such a colossal duechebag 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LordOpie said:

how much hate will chargers fans spew if rivers gets hurt because he's playing on a substandard field? do chargers fans like rivers as much as they should?

That is the first I heard of Stub Hub center having a substandard field, isn't it already used for professional soccer? Wouldn't the Chargers and NFL require some minimum requirement for a playing surface? (I thought they have some control of those things and we don't have the concrete like astroturf that places like the Vet in Philly used to have and be bashed over.)

From what I can gather they have a grass field, it hosts many different events other than Galaxy soccer, and due to some of that abuse of numerous events the grass is frequiently replaced.

Is that the issue, gets abused and therefore in bad shape at times before it is replaced?

The issue is the capacity. Spanos packed up to go to a stadium with a 30,000 seat capacity. When the Chargers move into the NFL Disney World they will be renters. They will not share in ticket revenue. They will get a share of concessions and that's it. Dean Spanos can go F himself. 

13 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I think this means three things:

1. RG3 is still out in the cold.

2. SD thinks Jones might be the future

3. my dynasty sleeper pick of Nathan Peterman has secured BUF's trust to allow Jones to be traded.

I think it's a combination of 3, and 4. Anthony Lynn is fond of Cardale from his time in Buffalo

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2017 at 9:41 AM, tazinib1 said:

The issue is the capacity. Spanos packed up to go to a stadium with a 30,000 seat capacity. When the Chargers move into the NFL Disney World they will be renters. They will not share in ticket revenue. They will get a share of concessions and that's it. Dean Spanos can go F himself. 

Stubbhub Center has way better sightlines then the Q. every seat in the house is great come to think of it.