[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 10 receivers

Roughrider401

22 minutes ago, Roughrider401 said:

Fantasy points

So my personal top 10 would be:

1. AB 

2. Julio 

3. Mike Evans *

4. Jordy 

5. OBJ *

6. Michael Thomas 

7. AJ

8. Cooper

9. Cooks

10. Fitz *

* Mike Evans - The kid is a monster. But we haven't seen anything from him yet because of Irma. I have no doubt he will be even better with the help of DeSean Jackson on the opposite side of him, eliminating double coverage for Evans and getting less quantity but more quality targets.

* OBJ would be #2 behind AB if he weren't injured. A non-100% OBJ is still more scary than 90% of all the WRs in the league. 

* Fitz is the truth. Old AF yet still playing at a high level. The reason why he cracks the top 10 for me is more based on situation than skill, though he shows no deterioration of the latter. He's a ppr magnet amd without DJ, he is the go-to guy in that offense.

Honorable mentions:

Keenan Allen - the fact that he showed up against a DEN defense on the road convinces me that if he stays healthy (yes I know.. a somewhat concerning "if"), he can be a top 6 WR in PPR. 

Tyreke Hill - name 1 other WR that concerns you on KC if you're a defensive coordinator. The answer should be "I can't". Maybe that means that people will game plan for Hill (like CHI did Julio in week 1), but coordinators will have bigger problems now with the emergence of Kareem Hunt. 

Doug Baldwin - the offensive line of SEA is.... suspect to say the least. You want to know the last time it was suspect? I'll give you a hint.... last year. Yet Baldwin still found a way to deliver even with Russell Wilson having one of the poorer fantasy football seasons of his young career. True, he would have some games where he scored multiple TDs and then games where he caught 5 passes for 56 yards, but he deserves to be mentioned.

2nd tier honorable mention:

DeAndre Hopkins - I believe he is a top 6 "skilled" WR. He will have a high FLOOR because of all the targets he has and will continue to receive. But 1/3 of those targets are inaccurate ones. Becauze of his QB situation, his ceiling will be capped. 

TY Hilton - It's even worse for TY. That is... until Andrew Luck comes back....

19 hours ago, Roughrider401 said:

Who would you rank the top ten receivers right now

"Right now" is the key phrase. As of right now, yes, I believe Fitz will be in the top 10 in FF points for PPR WR. No DJ, no John Brown, and of course no more Michael Floyd this year. He still has one of the most trusted hands in the league and no matter how much Carson Palmer sucks, the chemistry between them never will.

Not sure Cooks belongs on this list.  Maybe he picks it up a little later in the season once Brady trusts him, but he's really not getting enough looks to warrant a top 10 listing.  Based on opportunity alone, I'd put Dez up there.  He hasn't been putting up good numbers just yet but the looks are there.  His numbers will rise significantly as long as the opportunity is there.