[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OMG the ads are AWFUL

soopanuts

Usually when you pay for content the ads go away. Please remove this crap for subscription customers. Please, please, please reverse this trend. More ads than ever and the experience is TERRIBLE. Background takeovers, ads popping out of header on load of rankings pages, UGH. I've been with you guys a long time. Sad to see this. Hopefully not part of the relaunch next year.

• 8 months later...

As has been the case since 2013, the ad experience on The Huddle is controlled by Gannett/USA Today. We have little to no control over that part of our site now, unfortunately, and the decision to serve ads throughout the site is made several levels above ours.

Also keep in mind that given the almost infinite combinations of devices, browsers, ad servers, ad platforms, delivery methods, tracking, blockers, firewalls, etc., it is not a stretch to say that almost every user of The Huddle (or any website) can have a different ad experience.

Thanks WW. Appreciate the insight into who makes the call. It’s too bad a $20+ subscription doesn’t suppress (a very common model). Heck, at this point I’d pay a premium to get rid of them. Feel free to run that idea up the chain. For now, ad block tech to the rescue.

13 hours ago, soopanuts said:

Thanks WW. Appreciate the insight into who makes the call. It’s too bad a $20+ subscription doesn’t suppress (a very common model). Heck, at this point I’d pay a premium to get rid of them. Feel free to run that idea up the chain. For now, ad block tech to the rescue.

Oh believe me, that idea has been presented by me in the past. You can see from our current state how well it's been received.

• WJW locked this topic