[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best fantasy player so far

Roughrider401

7 hours ago, kdko said:

If Watson was drafted in every one of your leagues, you either play in like 14 man 2 QB leagues, or have 12 bench spots.

The 3 locals I have played in for over 20 years each, Watson was in a great situation behind a bad QB and great receivers...I don't think it took very much studying to know he would get his chance early. One league is a 14 team league, the other 2 locals are not....16 roster spots in each....

Don't get me wrong, nobody knew he would be this good!!!

33 minutes ago, dope man said:

The 3 locals I have played in for over 20 years each, Watson was in a great situation behind a bad QB and great receivers...I don't think it took very much studying to know he would get his chance early. One league is a 14 team league, the other 2 locals are not....16 roster spots in each....

Don't get me wrong, nobody knew he would be this good!!!

We knew his talent, but with Hopkins tipping his hat to Savage before the season started I think we all believed that Savage was going to be the guy for the Texans this season...at very worst, for at least a few weeks.

9 hours ago, dope man said:

Hunt is the best fantasy player so far hands down...Andy Reid's offense sets him up for a great 2nd half of the season as well. Will Fuller missed the first few games, but his points/per game ratio is  ridiculous as well. Fuller is my waiver pick up of the year. Watson was drafted in every league that I was in, wish I played in some of yall's leagues!

How can you say he is the best fantasy player hands down? Wentz, Watson, Gurley to name a few have to be considered. I have Hunt on 2 of my 3 teams and even I can admit there are others that have to be considered

Edited by Finn5033

Most Valuable - Bell or McCoy

Best Value - Wentz (12th rd), Hopkins (4th rd)

McCoy and Brown are the only players left drafted in the 1st round without major letdown (Bell had week 1 vs CLE, AJ Green has had an off couple weeks), as for best value the list can go on, but getting 2015 Hopkins in the 4th rd is huge value and Wentz has been a cut from the Rodgers/Brady block, QBs taken in the first three rounds.

4 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

How can you say he is the best fantasy player hands down? Wentz, Watson, Gurley to name a few have to be considered. I have Hunt on 2 of my 3 teams and even I can admit there are others that have to be considered

Guess it all depends on the scoring setup your league has....in the league I have him in we have a scoring system that has been adapted over the years since 1995...Hunt has the most points in that league over Zeke, Gurley, Watson and Wentz....let's just call it subjective! And that league being a auction league that I have Hunt for $14 and can keep him for next year makes it even sweeter! No Worries Finn!!!

I drafted Watson in the 21st round of a 28 round, 11 team IDP league where you must start one QB and there's a Superflex. I waited for what fell to me earlier in the draft, wound up with Carr. Then I kinda had to grab some late lottery picks, got Goff as well in the 23rd, so it's all working out and stuff :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tylcook13 said:

Just going to put this out there... Jags defence

Maybe if your league scores lots for defense and they are a huge advantage over others.

In my league D does not include ST scores, and no huge bonus for shutouts, 5-8 points is a common weekly scored. The Jags scored 93, about 11.5/gm, next 5 defenses average 69 points, or about 8.5/gm, that's only a 3 point advantage per game.

20 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Maybe if your league scores lots for defense and they are a huge advantage over others.

In my league D does not include ST scores, and no huge bonus for shutouts, 5-8 points is a common weekly scored. The Jags scored 93, about 11.5/gm, next 5 defenses average 69 points, or about 8.5/gm, that's only a 3 point advantage per game.

Well what is the fun in that? Almost doesn't even matter who you pick. Defences fluctuate much, much more in My league. We score a point for sacks, 2 for interceptions and dfrs, 6 for dtds. Starts off at 30 points and the more yards and points you give up takes away points. I can get you the specific numbers if you want for my league scoring. The Jags are absolutely killing it.

24 minutes ago, tylcook13 said:

Well what is the fun in that? Almost doesn't even matter who you pick. Defences fluctuate much, much more in My league. We score a point for sacks, 2 for interceptions and dfrs, 6 for dtds. Starts off at 30 points and the more yards and points you give up takes away points. I can get you the specific numbers if you want for my league scoring. The Jags are absolutely killing it.

We're a pretty static league that doesn't change much, mostly because nobody can agree and we allow owners input with majority rule. Almost any change that is proposed is viewed as some way for that owner to gain an advantage while screwing the rest.

Big difference from your scoring to ours is that 30 max for points/yards, our max is like 4-5 for a shutout, our turnovers are also only 1 point. Defensive TDs are huge spikes in our scores, and hard to rely on. So yes, a good defense is hard to predict and rarely consistent.

On 10/30/2017 at 9:37 AM, dope man said:

Hunt is the best fantasy player so far hands down...Andy Reid's offense sets him up for a great 2nd half of the season as well. Will Fuller missed the first few games, but his points/per game ratio is  ridiculous as well. Fuller is my waiver pick up of the year. Watson was drafted in every league that I was in, wish I played in some of yall's leagues!

For my roster, it was Will Fuller as I got him via free agency.  I think he had like 7 TDs in 4 games.  Unfortunately, I am going to drop him due Watson being out.  

Weird for my team but the most consistent players have been Elliot (Philly kicker) and Philly D.  At least they have been for the last 5 weeks.