[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff Alert: Mike Evans

kevin81mvp

Well what you do is you look at how Doug Baldwin does against Trufant this weekend- I think he'll be fine. No one's saying Baldwin isn't a WR1 going into this matchup, and Evans should all else being equal be better, or at least a tougher match for a corner, than Baldwin. And you look at how Julio Jones got open against the Panthers with no issue for well over 100 yards (despite now infamously dropping the ball in the endzone, could have been a monster performance). 

The tough one is Slay. But Julio caught 7 for 91 against him, AB had 70 yards, which would be a good day if not for the lack of TD production, Diggs had 98 yards, and otherwise they've faced a lot of nobodies. 

I'm unconcerned. At worst he's a low-end WR1 but since you've already said you're playing AB as your WR1 I would strongly suspect you have the strongest WRs, at least starters, in your league and it might not even be close. I say don't mess with it. You're also not getting much value if you sell him now anyway. Evans' value right now and this past week is as low as it's gonna be the rest of the year. 

Edited by BottleWalk

2 minutes ago, BottleWalk said:

Well what you do is you look at how Doug Baldwin does against Trufant this weekend- I think he'll be fine. No one's saying Baldwin isn't a WR1 going into this matchup, and Evans should all else being equal be better, or at least a tougher match for a corner, than Baldwin. And you look at how Julio Jones got open against the Panthers with no issue (despite now infamously dropping the ball in the endzone). 

The tough one is Slay. But Julio caught 7 for 91 against him, AB had 70 yards, which would be a good day if not for the lack of TD production, Diggs had 98 yards, and otherwise they've faced a lot of nobodies. 

I'm unconcerned. At worst he's a low-end WR1 but since you've already said you're playing AB as your WR1 I would strongly suspect you have the strongest WRs, at least starters, in your league and it might not even be close. I say don't mess with it. You're also not getting much value if you sell him now anyway. Evans' value right now and this past week is as low as it's gonna be the rest of the year. 

Thanks My friend. I have 0 RBs. Have to depend on A brown and Mike Evans during my playoff time.

Just now, kevin81mvp said:

Thanks My friend. I have 0 RBs. Have to depend on A brown and Mike Evans during my playoff time.

If you want a running back then you find someone on your team to sell high on. Selling Evans low right now isn't the best play. Any bench players go off lately? Could offer some up in a package for an RB2 type

1 minute ago, Montana is da Man said:

Man, I have the same "problem"............I'll be rolling them both out there every week with Shepard in my flex.  I feel confident in that trio in PPR

I got Evans, Baldwin, and Diggs. And then way too many WR2s with Cooper and Landry sitting on my bench most of the time. Hopefully one goes off so I can trade him before my deadline. 

15 minutes ago, BottleWalk said:

If you want a running back then you find someone on your team to sell high on. Selling Evans low right now isn't the best play. Any bench players go off lately? Could offer some up in a package for an RB2 type

I am in a 14 team league. I traded my 1st 2nd and 3rd round to land Bell and Mike Evans combo. So my team is very thin. This Monday, another manager said He want Bell, and I said I don't have other RBs, so it is very hard for me to trade Bell. And then He proposed him A brown and Devante Parker... so I accepted it.....

Right now my RBs are all wavier wire guys like Rex, Samaje, Ekeler. My WRs are A Brown, Mike Evans, Devante Parker, Marvin Jones, and Sanu. 

Maybe I should trade Marvin Jones Sanu for some RB like Chris Thompson, Duke Johnson.?

17 minutes ago, kevin81mvp said:

I am in a 14 team league. I traded my 1st 2nd and 3rd round to land Bell and Mike Evans combo. So my team is very thin. This Monday, another manager said He want Bell, and I said I don't have other RBs, so it is very hard for me to trade Bell. And then He proposed him A brown and Devante Parker... so I accepted it.....

Right now my RBs are all wavier wire guys like Rex, Samaje, Ekeler. My WRs are A Brown, Mike Evans, Devante Parker, Marvin Jones, and Sanu. 

Maybe I should trade Marvin Jones Sanu for some RB like Chris Thompson, Duke Johnson.?

Personally I don't like Chris Thompson that much in fantasy apart from the PPR floor (big fan of his in real life obviously, but his owners in fantasy should all have sold him high early in the season because he's still not getting enough touches to be valuable in standard). But you could still try since you don't need those guys. Thompson should be fairly cheap now after being so valuable early in the season and despite my skepticism he is still better than what you have. Then again if you're ever starting him and Perine at once that's a big problem lol

Just my thoughts on Thompson. Was the ultimate sell-high a few weeks back. I don't like Skins RBs in fantasy. Not a good running team at all. 

Edited by BottleWalk

On 11/17/2017 at 5:49 PM, Montana is da Man said:

Well now, there lies my problem.  My RBs are cringeworthy, Abdullah, Martin, Burkhead, Woodhead, J. Williams, and Mack

My other WRs are Adams and Corey Coleman........too bad our trading deadline past

I got an offer for Mike Evans. Doug Martion+ Alshon Jeffery. What do you think?