[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fournette likely out until week 10

michaelredd9

Report: Jags may sit Fournette until Week 10

Florida Football Insiders reports a "source having knowledge of the Jaguars' thinking" expects the team to sit Leonard Fournette (hamstring) through the Week 9 bye.

Fournette has been ruled out very early in the week the past two weeks and hasn't practiced at all since re-injuring his hamstring in Week 4. Jacksonville is in Dallas this week, which Fournette has already been ruled out for, and then hosts the Texans in Week 7 before going to London for a date with the Eagles in Week 8. The Jaguars then have their bye. It may make the most sense to let Fournette rest through the open date and have him for the stretch run.

Oct 10 - 1:30 PM

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

This guys connective tissue must be made of silly putty 

"Fournette dealt with an ankle injury throughout his final season at LSU, aggravating it 3 separate times and missing 6 games. He revealed after the year that it was a high-ankle sprain and a bone bruise. As a 2017 NFL rookie, he lost games to a right ankle sprain and a quad bruise (plus 1 for a team-imposed suspension). Fournette also sat out the final 3 preseason games after getting his left foot stepped on. He has reportedly shed weight in preparation for his 2nd NFL season and reprises his role as Jacksonville workhorse."

Edited by purplemonster

Knew that might be a possibility when I moved McCoy for him early  this week, but still hurts to see.

McCoy hadn’t cracked the lineup since week 1 in a flex heavy league with Kamara, Connor, Hyde, AB, Adams, and Cooks.  Flipped McCoy for him hoping he’d be the bigger factor come playoff time or when Connor flames out after Bell comes back.  Fingers croased.

i think jax might have really messed up taking this guy.....i think they were a victim of a team that had yet to evolve and fully reach its potential...they took yeldon high in the 2nd....but the team was a shell of what they are know...before getting ramsey and a bunch of defensive free agents...

theres this notion that fournette is just better than yeldon...better athlete...but nothing they did at the combine, in common, suggests that...in fact yeldon was better than fournette in several tests and just a pube short in the 40....i know yeldon had some struggles of his own....but like i said the team was a shell of what they are know.....when they picked fournette there wasnt a ton of top flight defensive talent or offensive linemen there really.....they could have gone mahomes but i dont think they were even considering a qb...i think yeldon is a very capable back especially on a team built like this...i just dont think timing was on his side...the team started to really hit stride last year and yeldon hadnt really popped before that and they saw a chance to add an "elite" talent at the position

48 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

i think jax might have really messed up taking this guy.....i think they were a victim of a team that had yet to evolve and fully reach its potential...they took yeldon high in the 2nd....but the team was a shell of what they are know...before getting ramsey and a bunch of defensive free agents...

theres this notion that fournette is just better than yeldon...better athlete...but nothing they did at the combine, in common, suggests that...in fact yeldon was better than fournette in several tests and just a pube short in the 40....i know yeldon had some struggles of his own....but like i said the team was a shell of what they are know.....when they picked fournette there wasnt a ton of top flight defensive talent or offensive linemen there really.....they could have gone mahomes but i dont think they were even considering a qb...i think yeldon is a very capable back especially on a team built like this...i just dont think timing was on his side...the team started to really hit stride last year and yeldon hadnt really popped before that and they saw a chance to add an "elite" talent at the position

Personally I'd say their biggest mistake was sticking by Bortles when I thought there was ample evidence that he's not a reliable quarterback. Really a waste of a great defense to pair him with such a terrible QB

5 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Personally I'd say their biggest mistake was sticking by Bortles when I thought there was ample evidence that he's not a reliable quarterback. Really a waste of a great defense to pair him with such a terrible QB

oh i definitley agree......i just think they that theyd be no worse off with yeldon overall right now....i know fournette is considered "special"...he was the top rated guy in his HS class overall not just by position....i think there was a bit of a resurgence with teams spending high picks on rbs(gurley, zeke) where it seemed the trend was to wait until the 2nd where the cost/risk was lower which seemed to be the new trend....maybe fournette turns it around and stays healthy...his pro career is still young...but his injury/issues are now "glaring"

• 4 weeks later...