[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

POLL VOTE - League Contraction 16-14 teams

berlin

League Contraction 16-14 teams  

10 members have voted

1. 1. League Contraction Vote

• Option 1: Include all assets for Open teams 1 and 2 in the ROOKIE draft. Assets would include draft picks, taxi players, and players with contracts as they exist.
    • Option 2: Separate dispersal draft of Open teams 1 and 2 for ALL owners with above mentioned assets based off 2018 order of finish
    • Option 3: Reset the league by allowing any owners the choice option to throw their team into the dispersal draft of open teams 1 and 2.
    • Option 4: Remain at 16 teams 

We have a new owner (Piranha) for the team You Can Try. That leave two remaining teams * Bomb Squad Open 2 and * Baron Open 1.

I know the league would prefer to remain at 16 but I am done with recruiting attempts for teams that have been poorly run with less than engaged owners. MWG and Mud were placeholder attempts and that did not really work either.  I would like to make this league stand out and I will be posting several polls to attempt to get us to that point. They key component of that is to get a core that is active with all scheduled activities and trade active. 

I have some great leagues these days - trade crazy, devy, group me, etc....... we need to make this league great again or it will not continue due to the work and complicated rules. 

Contraction:

Option 1: Include all assets for Open teams 1 and 2 in the ROOKIE draft. Assets would include draft picks, taxi players, and players with contracts as they exist. It would not include team dollars (they would be deleted)

** This would only benefit players who have 2019 rookie leverage. 

** It would also drive some rookie value down the board

Option 2: Separate dispersal draft for all owners with above mentioned assets based off 2018 order of finish

Option 3: Reset the league by allowing any owners the choice option to throw their team into the dispersal draft of open teams 1 and 2.

** I have seen this done multiple times in leagues that need a reboot - it can work pretty well. 

** This sometimes can unsettle some long time owners with strong teams who do not want the reset.

Option 4: Remain at 16 teams 

Edited by berlin
  • Thanks 1

Voted. I’m totally fine moving to 14 since we clearly struggle keeping 16 consistent owners. I don’t think option 1 is really fair though because of the unbalanced allotment of rookie picks. Those rookie picks are traded throughout the season based on the pool of rookie players only and some off those trades wouldn’t have occurred knowing a Joe Mixon (for instance) would be an available asset. Option 2 seems like the only fair option should we all agree to move to 14. 

I appreciate all the work you’re doing to keep the league going!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Sounds like option 3 is the same as 2 except it allows established owners to reset?

Option 3 would allow any owner (example me and my average team) to throw all their assets into the dispersal and reset. 

This has passed. 

I will start a dispersal draft thread later tonight or early am 

The players/picks will be listed in the dispersal draft thread along with the order of teams drafting. 

The draft will occur in the forum.

Once that occurs we should be ready for league business. If you have not posted a Franchise Tag player please do so.

• berlin locked this topic