[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

david johnson when picking 5th in ppr....

On 8/1/2019 at 4:52 PM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

Im not saying that what Im about to say is any sort of proof of anything...but I wont a 12 team ppr, high stakes, league that is pretty competitive last year and didnt draft my first wr till the 4th round...granted that guy went for 111-1400...but lol

i get that hopkins and adams, maybe thomas too, seem safe in the 1st....its just to me that if are picking in the 5-8 range you will prob still be able to nab a receiver that can you get close to hopkins/adams numbers in the 2nd....it really depends on how your league/draft goes...but AB might still be sitting around....ODB...maybe even evans...kelce...julio.....might all be able to come closer to meeting hopkins/adams than a mid 2nd round rb will come to duplicating cmac, zeke, barkley and kamara....you feel me??

my own personal philosophy never has me really playing it safe....im much more willing to roll the dice than most people

but if i go WR in the 1st the RB options to me dont give me alot of goosebumps in the mid 2nd...the only possible guy in that range that has me a lil bit excited is damien williams....i actually picked him up later in the year a couple of years ago when he and drake started splitting work in miami and when i watched i saw something....plus watching my pats play them twice last year its obvious hes a good fit there....but gordon scares me...freeman scares me and doesnt appeal to me much....derek henry, while intriguing, doesnt do it for me there....dalvin cook? i drafted him in the 3rd a couple of years ago and prob would have won it if he stayed healthy(also had cmac and kamara)....but im not super excited about him either although i like him more than henry or freeman

i see potential 2nd round wr targets coming closer  to the top WRs than i do the 2nd round rbs coming close to the top 4 rbs...and i think david johnson can approach those top 4 guys if not actually be one of them 

Take the best play available in the first. Don't factor in what might be available in the 2nd. I have the 1.6 pick in my draft 1/2 PPR and am debating between Devante Adams/David Johnson/Nick Chubb