[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore arrested in Cleveland

League_Champion

It never ceases to amaze the number of young players in the nfl getting in trouble with the law. I know there were some but 20 or 30 years ago you rarely heard of a player gettin' into such shiot. Is it just the way society is today or are these guys just plain knuckleheads thinking they can do this stuff and not get caught. I can imagine there's a few that haven't been caught and they've just been lucky so far. Is it the money they're getting paid today to cause them to abandon any morals or values? Is God just biding his time with them knowing they'll pay for their actions in some shape or form? I think a lot of it is the money and the status they have being nfl players thinking they're big shots now and can do what they want.  We some times turn a blind eye to this stuff and continue to believe in them. I know I've had numerous felonious players on my fantasy rosters and kept them there in the quest of fantasy glory. Hanging onto them during suspensions so they can come back and help me win. Maybe I'm not to bright either. Yet mine is just fantasy football and theirs are a little more serious. Guess I'll continue to draft some of these guess hoping they turn things around so I can win my league, LOL. Still it's some goofball stuff and sometimes a dangerous game these guys are playing. OK I've had my say, lol. Don't shoot me.

On 4/24/2021 at 4:21 PM, Docniner said:

It never ceases to amaze the number of young players in the nfl getting in trouble with the law. I know there were some but 20 or 30 years ago you rarely heard of a player gettin' into such shiot. Is it just the way society is today or are these guys just plain knuckleheads thinking they can do this stuff and not get caught. I can imagine there's a few that haven't been caught and they've just been lucky so far. Is it the money they're getting paid today to cause them to abandon any morals or values? Is God just biding his time with them knowing they'll pay for their actions in some shape or form? I think a lot of it is the money and the status they have being nfl players thinking they're big shots now and can do what they want.  We some times turn a blind eye to this stuff and continue to believe in them. I know I've had numerous felonious players on my fantasy rosters and kept them there in the quest of fantasy glory. Hanging onto them during suspensions so they can come back and help me win. Maybe I'm not to bright either. Yet mine is just fantasy football and theirs are a little more serious. Guess I'll continue to draft some of these guess hoping they turn things around so I can win my league, LOL. Still it's some goofball stuff and sometimes a dangerous game these guys are playing. OK I've had my say, lol. Don't shoot me.

I think its just harder to hide stuff these days, especially when a lot of what gets them in trouble is their own posting on social media and such. Its part of the young people's culture of living your life in public. There may also be more knuckleheads. But I know some studies in the past showed the number of athletes in trouble with the law is no more than others in similar age brackets. 

I think some of it comes from being protected earlier in life, many of these top athletes in HS and college are untouchable and get protected by school officials and local law enforcement. I also think that happens at the pro level, but its harder to sweep things under the rug these days. I know I've read stories about NFL executives having people they could work with in local law enforcement when player X was caught driving drunk, beating his wife, etc. 

If you start off knowing these are not angels and choir boys that you hold up as icons to be worshipped (the proverbial role model) its usually easier to just accept they're knuckleheads doing what many other young people do. But you'd think a million dollar career that could set them up financially for life after playing 5-10 years would be worth living like a respectable citizen.