[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade up costs (dynasty)

j4pac

I play in a 12-team 12-keeper PPR league. There have been rumblings of maybe converting over to SuperFlex in a few years, but as of right now it’s non-SuperFlex. 

I have 1.12 and my next pick is 3.12. I’m looking to trade up into the top 8 pick. What do you think it’d cost? And would it be worth it?

A lot of questions to answer.  Is this just a rookie draft? Startup? Since you don't have any 2nd round picks, you would have to pay with players or FAAB (if your league uses that).  You can move up 4 spots in the first round with a scrub. In other words, it will cost a player of value. Also, what are your roster needs? For me, it's an easy "no" because after the first 6 picks, value drops significantly. The only player that I might be interested in that I would consider trading up for is Devonta Smith (he goes in that range). Once again, I'm considering this is a rookie only draft. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

A lot of questions to answer.  Is this just a rookie draft? Startup? Since you don't have any 2nd round picks, you would have to pay with players or FAAB (if your league uses that).  You can move up 4 spots in the first round with a scrub. In other words, it will cost a player of value. Also, what are your roster needs? For me, it's an easy "no" because after the first 6 picks, value drops significantly. The only player that I might be interested in that I would consider trading up for is Devonta Smith (he goes in that range). Once again, I'm considering this is a rookie only draft. 

It’s essentially a rookie draft because there are 12 teams and 12 keepers each. So 144 of the best players will be off the board. 

I’d have to pay with either current players or future draft assets. 

My team is very strong for a non-SuperFlex. I have K Murray, Kamara, A Jones, Akers, R Jones, D Harris, J Jones, M Thomas, T Hill, D Johnson, D Moore, and Goedert. I won it last year. I suppose I could trade Harris or R Jones to move up, or use future picks. I don’t have huge team needs but I suppose I could get a 2nd QB in the off chance the league becomes a SuperFlex or just go BPA.

13 minutes ago, j4pac said:

It’s essentially a rookie draft because there are 12 teams and 12 keepers each. So 144 of the best players will be off the board. 

I’d have to pay with either current players or future draft assets. 

My team is very strong for a non-SuperFlex. I have K Murray, Kamara, A Jones, Akers, R Jones, D Harris, J Jones, M Thomas, T Hill, D Johnson, D Moore, and Goedert. I won it last year. I suppose I could trade Harris or R Jones to move up, or use future picks. I don’t have huge team needs but I suppose I could get a 2nd QB in the off chance the league becomes a SuperFlex or just go BPA.

Then, I'm not sure if it's worth moving up. Besides Trevor Lawrence, most of the other QBs should be available then. You should be able to get fields or Lance at 12. 

• Thanks 1