[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Facebook Commercials

rajncajn

32 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

men use Facebook?

Yeah,  I use Facebook. I have a LOT of family and friends that are scattered about the country and some who are also overseas. Even many who are close by that  I can't see often enough to stay in touch. Even my mom, brothers and their families live over 4,000 miles away,  so, yeah, I actually like seeing what interesting things they and their families are doing and like staying involved in their lives even though we are often literally worlds apart. Facebook made that much easier. It's too bad it's turned to manure just like every other social media platform. 

Edited by rajncajn

Facebook is dumb :)  

I remember one of my brothers (71 now) complaining 10+ years ago about how much time his wife spends on it, how it was the thing messing up their computer. Now he's on it quite a bit, and almost never checks email "I'm not on that daily" but he's on the computer, and its just a few clicks away... So  I've started sending a text when I email, otherwise it could be weeks before he sees it (if it isn't buried in a bunch of other emails). 

I have a lot of friends and family scattered around the country, some are on FB others are not. I decided long ago I would not be using it, just another place to waste time. I know some like my sister mostly got on because it was the best way to keep up with what was going on with her grandchildren (who she never lived more than 30min away from). I've used video chats with some family members, others are not interested. I try to stay in touch with my friends, but those who are on FB think I should just get on FB so I can see what they're up to. 

I don't have anything against people who use it, just feel that for many Facebook has become the entire internet for them, if it isn't on Facebook it doesn't exist.