[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL declares Buffalo/Cincinnati a game of no contest

Henry Muto

16 hours ago, Brentastic said:

What exactly happened?

As far as it appears, Bills no 3 Demar Hamlin collapsed after a tackle when his heart stopped. He was given nine minutes of CPR and AED on the pitch, and recovered enough to be taken to hospital, where he is in critical condition. The teams refused to play on, and the game was abandoned, pending decisions to be made. 

Edited by MonkeyOne
  • Thanks 1

• Henry Muto changed the title to NFL declares Buffalo/Cincinnati a game of no contest

The NFL has ruled the game to be no contest none of the stats counted it is as if the game never happened.

MFL has declared all scores are final as did all my high stakes leagues I play in.

So we can either accept that or not accept that.

Now that we have an NFL ruling you guys tell me what you would do. 

Everyone scores 0 from that night and the season is finished as MFL has it now do you propose something else ?

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your input.  The 2 teams that this affects most are Dscott and Opie's teams as clearly one of you would win 1st place and no one else has a chance at that though others have a shot at 3rd place.

Using week 18 scores was my initial thought on Tuesday if the game was not resumed but the one thing I feared was Baltimore or Cincinnati not having much to play for and the reason we don't use week 18 is certain teams will not play their starters all the game or maybe any of the game.

The NFL put a rule in place today that should ensure both games Buf/NE and Cin/Bal will both go all out to win no matter the KC result.

If KC wins Buffalo will still try as they can achieve the #2 seed along with if they reach the AFC Championship they get a neutral site.

Cincy and Baltimore will still now try despite Cincy winning the division because should Baltimore win this game and end up #6 seed that a Cin/Bal coin flip will determine home field for that game so Cincy wants to win and not have that and Baltimore wants to win to get that or the #5 seed.

I do not like the using avg because anything can happen Justin Jefferson just showed that scoring 2.5 pts this week.  Also injuries can happen at any point. Without the fear of a team resting their players in these 4 games I think we can safely move on to using week 18 stats for the Buf/Cin players that were already in your lineups.

So now we need a Yes use week18 vote or a No do not use week 18 vote from the 2 teams that are involved the most.

If we do not the same vote (Both YES or Both NO) then we will have a majority vote of the entire league needing 75% of the vote to pass.

Dscott

Opie

• Thanks 1

If you happen to have a guy go inactive that was in your week 17 lineup from Buf/Cin and you have any backup for Buf/Cin currently on roster they will be put in your lineup.  I do not expect this to be the case as Buf and Cin both have plenty to play for.  Again only if they are pregame inactive no other reason.

Only teams this could affect is Mr Big

Mr Big has Mixon in his lineup should he go inactive before the game Perine will be placed in his lineup.

Also note the Toilet Bowl game will also get the Buf/Cin pts as well to their lineup.

Edited by Henry Muto
  • Like 3