[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Re-grading preseason predictions

Just looking at my preseason picks from threads I had, thought it would be good to review to see how accurate they are. Largely think I did pretty good this year. I missed on Garrett Wilson likely and Bijan somewhat, although those would have been tough to predict based on their odd situations. Freiermuth was a big miss. 

WR Liked: 

Garrett wilson:

Brandon Aiyuk:

Didn't like:

Cooper Kupp, 

Christian Watson:

RB Liked:

Nick Chubb:

Bijan Robinson/ATL: 

Rhamondre Stevenson 

Travis Etienne. 

TE Likes:

Kittle

Goedert

Engram

Friermuth

QB Likes:

Lamar Jackson 

I’m with you on a few of those main ones. I picked a few of those guys with high picks and it ended up giving me the worst fantasy season I’ve ever had in 15 years in one of my main local leagues.

Bijan liked him for obvious reasons and Arthur Smith torpedoed that. 

G. Wilson liked him for obvious reasons Rodgers injury and the GM’s bad decision to stick with Z. Wilson torpedoed that

J. Herbert liked a bounce back season for him with Kellen Moore. Started good and injuries torpedoed that

Godwin I really liked him for a bounce back season as well. I figured he’d be the main guy for Baker but I had that completely wrong. 

Edited by Finn5033

15 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

I’m with you on a few of those main ones. I picked a few of those guys with high picks and it ended up giving me the worst fantasy season I’ve ever had in 15 years in one of my main local leagues.

Bijan liked him for obvious reasons and Arthur Smith torpedoed that. 

G. Wilson liked him for obvious reasons Rodgers injury and the GM’s bad decision to stick with Z. Wilson torpedoed that

J. Herbert liked a bounce back season for him with Kellen Moore. Started good and injuries torpedoed that

Godwin I really liked him for a bounce back season as well. I figured he’d be the main guy for Baker but I had that completely wrong. 

One which seems obvious in retrospect is Breece Hall. Henry Muto said he took him in the 6th round (10 teamer) and I almost couldn't believe it but looked back at my draft and he wasn't taken until early 6th in my 10 teamer as well. Coming of a complicated knee injury though, not full strength quite to start the season I get it, but we probably should have known he was the superior back to Dalvin Cook. 

Garrett Wilson definitely hurt, he wasn't terrible, but he wasn't your favorite starter. I got fortunate taking Aiyuk and Mike Evans in rounds 7 and 8 which saved my butt. 

Will be interesting to see how high Bijan will go now, I'm guessing pretty high. You just couldn't use the guy less effectively than Arthur Smith was 

6 hours ago, purplemonster said:

One which seems obvious in retrospect is Breece Hall. Henry Muto said he took him in the 6th round (10 teamer) and I almost couldn't believe it but looked back at my draft and he wasn't taken until early 6th in my 10 teamer as well. Coming of a complicated knee injury though, not full strength quite to start the season I get it, but we probably should have known he was the superior back to Dalvin Cook. 

Garrett Wilson definitely hurt, he wasn't terrible, but he wasn't your favorite starter. I got fortunate taking Aiyuk and Mike Evans in rounds 7 and 8 which saved my butt. 

Will be interesting to see how high Bijan will go now, I'm guessing pretty high. You just couldn't use the guy less effectively than Arthur Smith was 

I could have kept Breece hall for this season only in one of my leagues but it would have cost me my 3rd rd pick. As soon as Cook signed there that made my decision easy for me. I still don’t regret not keeping him. He had a lot of bad fantasy weeks

The league that I drafted Bijan and G. Wilson in was a non PPR league, so that’s what really killed me.

I was discussing Bijan’s draft value for next year with a friend compared to Gibbs. I think Bijan should go higher in a dynasty draft especially with Smith gone. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gibbs go higher in redrafts. 

There is likely to be some adjustment in TE rankings. Kelce had a down year, others like LaPorta and Njoku shined. Some other younger talent looked good (Kmet, Ferguson, McBride) and of course gadget guy Taysom Hill if still classified as a TE has some nice value.  Evan Engram is another good one, he had 114 rec which would put at #2 in ppg scored (from 6th on my non PPR league list).