[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julius Jones - upgraded for this week

Skrappy1

Ok guys, I need some outside assistance and probably some sense talked into me here. I see that Julius Jones was upgraded yesterday from out to doubful...nothing to get excited about quite yet, but he may play tommorrow and I think he will definitely play Thanksgiving. I think once he comes back he will be worked into the offense and will definitely get a chance to be the main RB in Dallas by the end of the season. If I'm going to grab him, it must be now but here's the situation...

I don't need another RB. Our trade deadline passes this week, so I won't be able to use him as trade-bait at all. There would just about never be a conceivable situation where I'd start him. I'd mainly just be doing it to block anyone else from getting him, which has some serious appeal.

The problem is that I'd need to cut someone, most likely Anthony Thomas, in order to pick him up. I don't need Thomas either...If I drop him today, no one could pick him up until next week anyhow, and after this week his role in the offense will probably become almost non-existent again.

As a mostly block move, who is better to have do you think - Julius Jones or Anthony Thomas? Like I stated, I don't really need either, but for some reason I just really want to pick up Jones. My current RBs are below (start 2):

Tomlinson/Chatman

Droughns/Bell

Thomas Jones/Anthony Thomas

Thanks.

Personally I'd drop Bell to grab JJ. Bell has done nothing, Droughns looks REAL good, and Bell is ALWAYS hurting. JJ could play a nice role either by Thanksgiving or the week after.

Check out my WDIS post please

566236[/snapback]

I thought about that for sure, but my thinking between Bell and Thomas is that if something where to happen to Droughns, Bell could conceivably be a stud in that offense with that line. Thomas can be serviceable, but no one will ever confuse him with a stud...my decision would be based solely on which would be more productive if forced into a starting situation.

I thought about that for sure, but my thinking between Bell and Thomas is that if something where to happen to Droughns, Bell could conceivably be a stud in that offense with that line.  Thomas can be serviceable, but no one will ever confuse him with a stud...my decision would be based solely on which would be more productive if forced into a starting situation.

566247[/snapback]

Well my only response to that is Bell has done NOTHING this year and is always hurt. Hearst might get the ball then who knows, but TJ is hurting now and Droughns is fine. I'd drop Bell, but of course it's a risk. There always is a risk in FF.

Well my only response to that is Bell has done NOTHING this year and is always hurt. Hearst might get the ball then who knows, but TJ is hurting now and Droughns is fine. I'd drop Bell, but of course it's a risk. There always is a risk in FF.

566249[/snapback]

You definitely make valid points about Bell, it just sounds like he is finally getting healthy and I'd hate to drop him and then have him something happen to Droughns and watch Bell blow up in my face (have I ever told you the story about me dropping Fred Taylor his rookie year - the same year he had 17 total TDs - the week before James Stewart got injured? It cost me a title).

I grabbed J. Jones off the wire Wed. Just because. I'm in a keeper league, I had a spot for him (Backup TE I used for Gates last week). And I picked him up just in case he shows me something.

It isn't going to cost me anything but a roster spot that I really wasn't going to use again anyways.

Grab him.

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy