[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What I saw from the Giants today

Dr. Rock

Well, that Eli kid's going to be pretty good. That's not to say we won't see any more dreadful performances - because I think we will - but after the game he played against the best team in football, I think that next year with a full offseason and a full training camp under his belt, he's going to be a pretty good QB.. SOON.

Have no problem with Tiki or Shockey, we're set at RB and TE for next year. WR, however.. I see flashes from guys like Taylor, Ponder, and Carter. But not enough from any of them to count on the reliably for next year. Hilliard and Toomer are both washed up - WR should be our #1 priority for next year.

The O-line is okay. Not great, not awful. Eli didn't get sacked once today which was good, but Tiki didn't have a whole lot of running room either. We were missing a few guys due to injury though. Average at best. Could use some work for sure.

The defense.. I love our corners. But our safeties right now are AWFUL. WORST in the league. Now of course that's due to the fact that Williams and Stoutmire were both on IR by the end of Sept, and Gibril Wilson, who came on and looked great after Williams went down, has been hurt too. Terry Cousin is a starting safety for us right now, and he's a mediocre cornerback at best. Wilson looks like he could be a stud, and next year when those guys get back from injuries our secondary could actually be a strength, but right now it's terrible.

DLine.. also ravaged by injury with no Strahan or Washington. Lance LeGree actually looked pretty good today, but we could really use some help there too. LBs.. average at best. Could also use help.

Anyway.. saw some very encouraging signs today, especially from Eli. If he can keep up the positive vibes against CIN and DAL the next two weeks, I don't even care if we win those games - it'll give us a great feeling heading into the offseason.

I think the Eli trades were a good move then, and I still think they were good moves. I think the O line is a bit worse than your assessment, but otherwise agree. The Giants need to sign Porter for next year. He is exactly what the G men need.... some other play making reciever to take the double team off Shockey. They need new safeties, two more O lineman, maybe another LB, and most importantly, a good WR. These days of free agancy make all of that possible even for next year... if the front office can work the cap.

I think the Eli trades were a good move then, and I still think they were good moves. I think the O line is a bit worse than your assessment, but otherwise agree. The Giants need to sign Porter for next year. He is exactly what the G men need.... some other play making reciever to take the double team off Shockey. They need new safeties, two more O lineman, maybe another LB, and most importantly, a good WR. These days of free agancy make all of that possible even for next year... if the front office can work the cap.

619550[/snapback]

So, in other words, they need to replace everybody but, Shockey and Barber? :D

Maybe Kevan Barlow can help them while he's choosing a bunch of O linemen in the draft next year. :D

To give the Giants O line a wee bit of credit, the Washington D has been pretty stout this year. Several times they broke right through the O line and were in the backfield by the time Tiki touched the ball though. Ouch.

DLine.. also ravaged by injury with no Strahan or Washington. Lance LeGree actually looked pretty good today, but we could really use some help there too. LBs.. average at best. Could also use help.

Osi Unemyiora looks like he is going to be a stud in the very near future. If everyone was healthy on this defense right now, we would not be talking about how the Giants blew the playoffs after a great start to the season. Even on the offensive side of the ball the G-men have had some crucial injuries. The O-line, which has been better than expected has seen a few injuries again this year. At WR, the loss of Tim Carter early in the year was huge. He was the Giants deep threat and he was having a great year until he got injured. You just have no chance of winning in this league when you have the amount of crucial injuries the Giants have had this year. No Giants fan wanted it to happen, but this season has turned out to be a throw away year to get Eli some experience. I think it will pay off greatly in the very near future.