[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When can a zero win you a tie-breaker?

Grits and Shins

In my local league I am hanging onto a tenious lead with my opponent having Chambers going tonight. If by some strange turning of events Chambers scores exactly 17.40 points (5 catches, 64 yards and 1 TD) then I will be in the second ever playoff tie and I will lose again.

The first tie-breaker is a H2H comparison of the high scoring player at each position, excluding kicker. The team with the highest scoring player at each position gets an additional point. I get 1 point for WR (Jimmy Smith) and DF (Buffal0), he gets 1 point for QB (McNabb) and RB (LT).

That takes us to the 2nd tie-breaker ... the team whose kicker scored the LEAST amount of points wins. My kicker (Stover) scored 5 points ... his kicker (Akers) scored a goose egg. He wins the tie-breaker.

That takes us to the 2nd tie-breaker ... the team whose kicker scored the LEAST amount of points wins.  My kicker (Stover) scored 5 points ... his kicker (Akers) scored a goose egg.  He wins the tie-breaker.

622435[/snapback]

What is the reasoning behind using the kicker that scored the least amount of points?

Q.  When can a zero win you a tie-breaker?

622435[/snapback]

A. When your league adopts silliness as a rule. Silliness I tell you! I can see something stupid like that as maybe a 4th tie-breaker, but a 2nd tie-breaker is not uncommon at all. If you want to make it a negative like that, why not make it something like the person who made the least amount of add/drops to date?

Edit to add: obviously the rules are the rules right now, but I would sure push for an off-season change on that one!

Edited by Savage Beatings

The logic behind it is ... all kickers are basically the same and it doesn't take a lot of skill to pick one ... :D

623147[/snapback]

Sorry, but that is nuts.

IIRC, didn't you just pick up Stover because you felt he could boost your score for your Week 15 matchup? Talk about irony (if you end up tied with your opponent).

Sorry, but that is nuts.

IIRC, didn't you just pick up Stover because you felt he could boost your score for your Week 15 matchup? Talk about irony (if you end up tied with your opponent).

623163[/snapback]

Irony on one the hand ... but had I not picked up Stover we wouldn't have ended up tied ... I would have lost anyway ... by 5 points.

Edited by Grits and Shins