[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers to sit starters

Guest Sores

From Packer Update:

'Bear Week' becomes a bye week for Packers

The Packers don't want to be swept by the Bears, but pride always takes a back seat to practicality at this time of the season. That's why you won't see much of Brett Favre, Ahman Green, Marco Rivera, Grady Jackson, Na'il Diggs and Darren Sharper next Sunday. With the No. 3 seed in the NFC already locked up, Green Bay will use the season finale to get healthy for the playoffs. "Mike Sherman will say all the right things, but in reality, this game means absolutely nothing and will serve more as a bye week," said a person close to the situation. "The players battling nagging injuries probably won't even dress and the key starters won't be on the field for very long." In short, this is the game to watch if you're a fan of Craig Nall, Vonta Leach, Steve Morley, Colin Cole, Steve Josue or Jason Horton.

Thanks for the update..

Is Craig Nall a complete stiff? I do remember him playing decently in Favre's relief vs Philly. Any realistic hope of a decent day for Walker?

This week 17 thing is destroying me. LT, Wayne and Walker will all be casualties. Throw Witten in there as well with a possible Romo sighting, and I'm toast. Meanwhile, my opponent's roster is full of players from losing teams, who'll play till the last freaking snap of the season :D

Is Craig Nall a complete stiff? I do remember him playing decently in Favre's relief vs Philly. Any realistic hope of a decent day for Walker?

Pederson was the #2 QB when injured in relief in the Giants game.

And Nall, who was #3, became the #2 QB, and did play directly in relief of Favre in Philly.

I would not be surprised if O'Sullivan also saw some playing time.