[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs vs. Chargers

Shotgun Messiahs

Their whole focus today was getting Gonzalez the record.

639862[/snapback]

They just threw screens to him; I think he only had a few catches over a yard... The Chargers reserves were lookin' good and Green looks terrible.

Yeah, I was at the game today, and it was pretty obvious they were feeding Gonzo to get him the record. And why not! What else did the Chiefs have to play for? :D

Their whole focus today was getting Gonzalez the record.

639862[/snapback]

If it didn't happen in the flow of trying to win a game, then it is a worthless record and he should be embarassed by it! It was obvious and belittles the sport when a record is made in that manner.

It would have been like activating LT not playing him except for handing the ball to him only inside the 5 as many times as it took him to score to extend his record.

He actually was embarressed by the game. The Chiefs looked horrible against the Chargers JV! :D

Maybe the Chargers depth and talent isn't as bad as everyone thought? :D

"It's hard to swallow because you looked over there and Brees, Tomlinson, (Donnie) Edwards and a couple of other guys were on the sideline," said Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez. "Their second-team guys came out there and kicked our butts."

Gonzo quote link

Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil didn't cry after this one – although he should have – and basically had this to say: "I hope they didn't get anyone hurt today."

And this: "They just outplayed us and outcoached us in every way Maybe we aren't as good as we thought we were. We sure weren't today."

Link to quote

Edited by McBoog

I made it to the game as well. What a treat! Flutie provided some real entertainment value along with a number of backup rookies (Ryan Krause, Malcolm Floyd, Phillip Rivers, and Michael "the Burner" Turner) and 2nd year players (Matt Wilhelm, Andrew Pinnock, Kassim Osgood, Stephen Cooper, Hanik Milligan). I feel alot better about some of the Chargers depth after seeing these guys play. Ryan Krause made some great grabs at TE and showed he can be a force if given the opportunity. Man, AJ Smith has had two spectacular drafts in a row when you consider those players to go along with starters such as Gates, Hardwick, Olivea, Florence, Kiel, Scifres, and Kaeding, all drafted within the last two years.

Yes, Gonzo caught a lot of balls yesterday, but he was open a number of times. Great hands and a great big target. I don't blame Green for looking toward him. Of course, a couple of the Chargers picks came by sluffing off a WR to cheat on a route by Gonzo. Still, a great effort and a great game (for Chargers fans).

I made it to the game as well.  What a treat!  Flutie provided some real entertainment value along with a number of backup rookies (Ryan Krause, Malcolm Floyd, Phillip Rivers, and Michael "the Burner" Turner) and 2nd year players (Matt Wilhelm, Andrew Pinnock, Kassim Osgood, Stephen Cooper, Hanik Milligan).  I feel alot better about some of the Chargers depth after seeing these guys play.  Ryan Krause made some great grabs at TE and showed he can be a force if given the opportunity.  Man, AJ Smith has had two spectacular drafts in a row when you consider those players to go along with starters such as Gates, Hardwick, Olivea, Florence, Kiel, Scifres, and Kaeding, all drafted within the last two years.

Yes, Gonzo caught a lot of balls yesterday, but he was open a number of times.  Great hands and a great big target.  I don't blame Green for looking toward him.  Of course, a couple of the Chargers picks came by sluffing off a WR to cheat on a route by Gonzo.  Still, a great effort and a great game (for Chargers fans).

640510[/snapback]

Yeah, I kept asking people around me, "Who was that who made that catch?" or "Who was running the ball that time?" The second and third stringers came through yesterday. It makes me feel good about the future of the franchise! :D

Yeah, I kept asking people around me, "Who was that who made that catch?" or "Who was running the ball that time?" The second and third stringers came through yesterday. It makes me feel good about the future of the franchise!  :D

640565[/snapback]

AMEN, the Bolts are young, fast and tough.