[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here for my medicine

CaptainHook

What? You don't remember? I thought it was Bill S , but I may be wrong. Anyway, I think the argument was about how seldom Edge was getting the ball inside the 10yd line or some such. I believe, and I may be wrong, it was put foward that maybe it was better resting James legs for the games in Dec/Jan. :D

658748[/snapback]

And how often did James get the rock on the first couple drives? How many receptions did he have?

They clearly did intend to use Edge a lot more in the playoffs. Unfortunately, they couldn't run the ball effectively against NE or Denver.

And their running game was miserable.  Of course, losing Diem didn't help, but their paltry 44 yds on the ground really killed their offense.  Their running game hasn't been very effective lately and I was beginning to worry last week when Edge and Rhodes combined for a weak 3.2 yds/carry against Denver.

657644[/snapback]

I think that was more a product of New England's defense than anything else. They have been stuffing teams' running games all season long. They only gave up 100 yard games to 3 backs this year, Edge in week 1, Staley in week 8 and Barlow in a meaningless week 17 game. I absolutely thought that the Colt's passing game would be able to do much more damage against the supposedly patchwork secondary of the Pats, but obviously I was way, way off on that.

In looking back at the numbers, I found interesting that the one team that really torched New England on the ground this year was Pittsburgh...Staley had 125 yards on 25 carries and Bettis had 65 yards on 15 carries in that week 8 game...that's at least something to be hopeful for if you're a Pittsburgh fan. Then again, Edge did run wild on them way back in week 1 as well, and he got stuffed this week, so who knows. :D