[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here for my medicine

CaptainHook

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. Congratulations Patriots. When they went to the game and it was snowing, I knew we were screwed. Do they have snow-making machines on top of that DAM N stadium? Patriots are a better team, hands down. Not sure that I needed to say that, as it is obvious. Colts were beat in all aspects of that game. I feared that it would not be the "Big Three" who turned over the ball, as had been in the past, but the other players. And it happened. Defense couldn't get the Pats off the field, and the offense couldn't stay on the field. So many problems, that as of right now, I do not wish to rehash them. Just awful. I am VERY pissed about several missed calls in the first half, several holds and an EXTREMELY obvious block in the back on a punt return, but it would not have mattered. The Patriots are just better. Better running game, better defense, better special teams, better coaching. But I'll still take my QB! :D Colts got outcoached and outplayed. Congrats again. And good luck Pittsburgh. You are going to need it.

msaint, I patiently await my new sigline. It is an empty slate. . .

The Colts had an amazing season, Captain Hook.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them as the top seed in the AFC next year, which changes the equation entirely!!

Thanks for the kudos for the team, anyways :D

657328[/snapback]

Agreed :D

What a game. Those long drives really did them in.

Now on to the Steelers.....wouldn't have it any other way!!

Done with style, hook.

657340[/snapback]

Agree...it's not often that you see a concession speech like that one...

Ben

Now after reading this thread I don't feel quite as bad about the Colts loss. Classy NE fans here. When the game was pretty much over, all I could think about was that douch bag UT & how much I couldn't stand NE. Now I don't feel as bad. Congrats to you good Pats fans, they played a great game today.

Colts need to get Home Field advantage. Which they will likely do next year.

I see this as New Englands last run with this squad.

New England looked very good today on defense i feel bad for Big Ben next week.

The Colts and Peyton Manning had an outstanding season. No shame there... I actually thought the Colts D actually hung in there pretty well, especially in the 1st half going into the locker room down 6-3. But they just wore down in the 2nd half. More of the blame should go to the Colts O for not putting together sustained drives and basically laying an egg. The Pats D, plus the conditions, had a lot to do with that though.

Man alive, I am frustrated and I am not even a real Colts fan...but I have grown to like them cause I have owned Edge for years in a dynasty league...

also, I am sick to death of the Patriots and wanted to see them lose...but I have never seen a team own another like this before

quite amazing...I feel for you Colts fans..

nothing left to say but

...GO STEELERS!!!

Wow, that was a tough second half to watch. We actually ended up watching Beverly Hills Cop in the 4th quarter because my wife couldn't take it anymore.

FWIW, Manning certainly played a lot better than he did there last year. He definitely played a lot more conservatively, which was a good thing. Outside of a few off-target passes and a meaningless INT in garbage time, he played relatively well. I think that he could've taken a few more shots downfield in the first half, but 238 yds and 64% isn't bad, considering the weather and the defense he was up against. Unfortunately, the Colts receivers couldn't hold onto the ball (I counted about 6 drops, along with Wayne's fumble and Bruschi's strip of Rhodes). And their running game was miserable. Of course, losing Diem didn't help, but their paltry 44 yds on the ground really killed their offense. Their running game hasn't been very effective lately and I was beginning to worry last week when Edge and Rhodes combined for a weak 3.2 yds/carry against Denver.

Even if they had won, the Colts simply don't have the defense needed to win a championship at this point. Yeah, they played realtively well in the first half, but Dillon completely ran them over afterwards. You can't give up 210 yds on the ground in the playoffs and expect to win it all.

As for the Pats, well, they certainly proved why they're the defending champs. As I told msaint last week, they're the more complete team. That said, it'll all come to an end for them next week in Pittsburgh. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Yes, Indy was outplayed in all facets of the game yesterday. I will say again, this was probably the best game I have watched all year.

What is big ben gonna do when he can't read the defense, when there are no down linemen? He is gonna bend over and take the sacks just like manning did.

Big ben is gonna hit a buzzsaw next week.

Yes, Indy was outplayed in all facets of the game yesterday.  I will say again, this was probably the best game I have watched all year.

What is big ben gonna do when he can't read the defense, when there are no down linemen?  He is gonna bend over and take the sacks just like manning did.

Big ben is gonna hit a buzzsaw next week.

658250[/snapback]

He did pretty well the first time he played them and he now has more experience. Is Corey Dillong going to play defense this time ?? We heard in their first game that he wouldn't be able to handle all of the tricky schemes that the Pats were going to throw at him and he had one of his best games. I guess I don't understand what is going to be so different this time. By the way, the Steelers have a great Defensive Coordinator as well and Brady was the one that looked lost in their first meeting.

He did pretty well the first time he played them and he now has more experience.  Is Corey Dillong going to play defense this time ??  We heard in their first game that he wouldn't be able to handle all of the tricky schemes that the Pats were going to throw at him and he had one of his best games.  I guess I don't understand what is going to be so different this time.  By the way, the Steelers have a great Defensive Coordinator as well and Brady was the one that looked lost in their first meeting.

658263[/snapback]

H8tank is a Jags homer and is clearly still bitter that his team missed the playoffs because they got schooled by the Texans, Titans, and Vikings. :D

"msaint, I patiently await my new sigline. It is an empty slate. . ."

Hey Captain...first, may I saw that this was a very classy "stepping-up-to-the-plate" post, quite gracious in defeat. :D I never, ever, ever expected Indy/Peyton to be shut down like that, and all week was honestly getting mentally prepared to have a new Colt-friendly sig through the SB. What a game.

Second, I've been sick for the last few days – was wheezing like an old man while cheering on Dillon & Co. yesterday – so my "new sig-making powers" aren't up to snuff yet, but I'll get back to you ASAP.

We heard in their first game that he wouldn't be able to handle all of the tricky schemes that the Pats were going to throw at him and he had one of his best games.

We saw ben look a bit rattled with the 'jets', and peyton was 'supposed' to go wild with troy brown on defense...

I think if one team could beat the Pats, it is Pitt. But a rook is a rook for a reason. I bet NE comes out throwing, puts points up early thus limiting the punishing bus... and then Ben gets all the attention... with the spotlight I think he will make a mistake that costs them the game.

(also, the jags were one missed FG away from beating pitt! :D)

And their running game was miserable. Of course, losing Diem didn't help, but their paltry 44 yds on the ground really killed their offense. Their running game hasn't been very effective lately and I was beginning to worry last week when Edge and Rhodes combined for a weak 3.2 yds/carry against Denver.

So what happened to all that talk of saving James for the post-season?

:D

What? You don't remember? I thought it was Bill S , but I may be wrong. Anyway, I think the argument was about how seldom Edge was getting the ball inside the 10yd line or some such. I believe, and I may be wrong, it was put foward that maybe it was better resting James legs for the games in Dec/Jan. :D

Should I go through the hassle of looking it up for you? :D