[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whose your daddy?

Grits and Shins

Now if only the Titans can figure out how to stop him... :D

657421[/snapback]

True dat! Hey Titans fan, go to www.tennessean.com and check out what titans beat writer Jim Wyatt says about the players he thinks we will cut to get under the salary cap. it is a complete blood letting.

Mr. Manning I believe that would be Coach Belichick.

I really thought this would be the year that Manning got it figured out and over came the curse.  Boy was I wrong.

Nice job coach!

657412[/snapback]

No truer statement can me made Grits

True dat!  Hey Titans fan, go to www.tennessean.com and check out what titans beat writer Jim Wyatt says about the players he thinks we will cut to get under the salary cap.  it is a complete blood letting.

657425[/snapback]

:D:D

Wow. Talk about gutting a team.

I hope they can get Rolle to redo his contract, so they can keep at least one of the two starters at CB. Hall and Dyson will probably sign hugh contracts with other teams, leaving young guys to replace them. I've always liked Woolfolk, and think he can step up. That leaves Waddell and Beckham to fight for the #3. I expect Schulters to be gone, but Thompson can get the job done, IMO. On the line, I like the promise the three rookies at DE this past year (Odom, Schobel, and LaBoy) showed, but only if they can improve certain aspects over the offseason. They will get rid of Carter, but Starks showed great promise late in the season, and Haynesworth has potential, as long as he isn't injured. The linebackers should remain unchanged, with Bullock and Sirmon on the outside, and Kassell and Calmus fighting for the middle.

On offense, McNair's status is uncertain still, but I won't worry about that. Brown has shown he can produce, but injuries are always a concern. Fleming showed potential, so Holcombe will probably be gone as well. Mason's situation is scary: I'd hate to lose him, because he is a leader on the team and there is not much depth in the reciever corps. Bennett did well late in the season, but Calico hasn't had a chance to do anything really. He had a case of the dropsies his rookie year, but was supposed to have gotten over that this season. He looked good in preseason, but then the injury hit. On the line, I expect at least one of the tackles to be gone, more than likely Miller because of his higher cap number. Bell showed great promise and versatility, so should be able to replace the lost OT, if need be. Piller and Olson will remain in their respective positions, and Hartwig should remain in the middle.

Overall there will be hugh losses via cap casualties. The defense will take a big hit with the probable losses of Hall and Dyson, and possibly Rolle. The losses of Carter and Schulters won't have as much of an impact as the others because of the potential the replacements have showed, but will still be missed. I hope to get a good OT out of the draft, and possibly some DB's. It will be a rebuilding year next year, IMO, with the losses of many star players. Though I am not giving up hope, I don't see how we will be able to keep many of these players and be a Playoff contender next year.

This is just how I see it. It is open to opinions on how it will play out.