[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One Eagle fan's reaction to the big win

msaint

My cousin Randy is a diehard, lifelong Eagles fan (and Philly sports fan), so obviously he's had some pent-up emotion all these years. Anyway, he and my other cousin, his younger brother Allan, went to Philly this weekend, not to go to the game – sadly, they couldn't get tickets – but only to be in the city and party with their fellow fans when/if the Eagles won.

Anyway, Allan emailed me describing a scene in their hotel after the win when Randy finally lost it....

"I was there to witness the crying.  I wish I brought my laptop like I should have just for a journal of the weekend.  So he's crying and I'm laying on the bed with this uncomfortable 'What should i do? Say something?' look on my face. So I just lay there and waited for him to come down from the ledge. In the annals of uncomfortable crying episodes, this ranks right

up there with Rambo at the end of First Blood when he goes and hugs Trautman. I wasn't hugged. As far as the weekend, other than the game, we left the hotel room once for about 25 minutes to get ice and other treats.  In the weekend I ate: 4 cheesesteaks, 5 cupcakes, numerous doritos, scrambled eggs, hash browns, cup of yogurt, bite of an apple, 3 cups of coffee (Today XL french vanilla from DD), Cruller and chocolate frosted donut. I didn't defecate once."

I then sent this email to Randy:

Randy upon witnessing Eagles going to Super Bowl: WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD (BLUBBER BLUBBER BLUBBER, TEARS TEARS TEARS) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I CAN NOW DIE HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY!!!!! OH THANK YOU GOD THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!

Randy upon witnessing birth of his children:

(crickets)

To which he replied:

"Christine [wife] already reminded me that I did NOT cry at Alex's [second daughter's] birth.  I

then reminded Christine that Alex didn't get the Eagles to the Super Bowl."

Now that, my friends, is a how a sports fan should view the world....

My cousin Randy is a diehard, lifelong Eagles fan (and Philly sports fan), so obviously he's had some pent-up emotion all these years. Anyway, he and my other cousin, his younger brother Allan, went to Philly this weekend, not to go to the game – sadly, they couldn't get tickets – but only to be in the city and party with their fellow fans when/if the Eagles won.

Anyway, Allan emailed me describing a scene in their hotel after the win when Randy finally lost it....

"I was there to witness the crying.  I wish I brought my laptop like I should have just for a journal of the weekend.  So he's crying and I'm laying on the bed with this uncomfortable 'What should i do? Say something?' look on my face. So I just lay there and waited for him to come down from the ledge. In the annals of uncomfortable crying episodes, this ranks right

up there with Rambo at the end of First Blood when he goes and hugs Trautman. I wasn't hugged. As far as the weekend, other than the game, we left the hotel room once for about 25 minutes to get ice and other treats.  In the weekend I ate: 4 cheesesteaks, 5 cupcakes, numerous doritos, scrambled eggs, hash browns, cup of yogurt, bite of an apple, 3 cups of coffee (Today XL french vanilla from DD), Cruller and chocolate frosted donut. I didn't defecate once."

I then sent this email to Randy:

Randy upon witnessing Eagles going to Super Bowl: WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD (BLUBBER BLUBBER BLUBBER, TEARS TEARS TEARS) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I CAN NOW DIE HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY!!!!! OH THANK YOU GOD THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!

Randy upon witnessing birth of his children:

(crickets)

To which he replied:

"Christine [wife] already reminded me that I did NOT cry at Alex's [second daughter's] birth.  I

then reminded Christine that Alex didn't get the Eagles to the Super Bowl."

Now that, my friends, is a how a sports fan should view the world....

671454[/snapback]

That is how a Philly sports fan views the world.

So what's the poor guy gonna do when Patriots steal his dream?  :D

672083[/snapback]

Then he will really feel like a Philly fan

A funny line in Jerry Callahan's piece in the boston herald today.....

672110[/snapback]

A Boston repeorter has no clue what's happening here, the city is all ready fed up and the Players have a chip on their shoulders due to getting no respect. It's not going to be a cake walk.

"Randy, My Crying Eagle Fan Cousin" Email Update...

Younger brother Allan: Again, I can't stress how uncomfortable it was....Oh, and meanwhile, through all the crying, he is wearing a peach long sleeve shirt and candy stripe pajama bottoms with sneakers. No, he isn't retarded. He's all tanked and goes next door in this family's room and wants to "celebrate" with them. He told me he said, "I'm from Cherry Hill!" and got one hug from some random guy, I think......and then he called his buddy Kevin saying nothing but, "DUDE.....DUDE.....DUDE......DUDE....!!!!," hilarious and awkward, but to the 9th power.