[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jet fans - Herm says Brien Coming Back

Vet

Brien's not a bad kicker, but I don't like bringing that bad karma back.

Herm also admitted (almost) that he screwed up in the last minute in Pittsburgh.

www.wfan.com

Look under "Mike & The Mad Dog" for the interview if you care.

I'm not really surprised, this is a typical Herm Edwards sort of philosophical move. Knowing how he screwed things up, he won't take it out on the kicker. There are better kickers out there, and i do wish the Jets would get one, but Brien is ok. Hey, Hermy let Hackett stay around how long? No surprise here.

I'm not really surprised, this is a typical Herm Edwards sort of philosophical move. Knowing how he screwed things up, he won't take it out on the kicker. There are better kickers out there, and i do wish the Jets would get one, but Brien is ok. Hey, Hermy let Hackett stay around how long? No surprise here.

693420[/snapback]

I think part of it is that there aren't too many free agent kickers on the

market right now, and of the ones that are there,

they aren't as good as Brien. Not in Herm's eyes anyways.

Brien's a decent enough kicker I guess, but man did he have a lousy postseason. In addition to the Pittsburgh fiasco, he had a pretty rough time of it in San Diego also - missed a chip shot, and got lucky when the ball hit the upright and bounced through on another. I'm not sure if he has any post-season experience prior to 2004, maybe with the Saints, but what we saw these past playoffs was not reassuring at all.

Poor dude is certainly going to hear it every time he misses one next year if he's back.  He better hit a big winner sometime early in the season.

694222[/snapback]

Soop - The new avatar is good, but the old one was a Huddle classic. Bring back the big purple guy!

By the way....the Jets have reportedly placed the franchise player tag on John Abraham.

No big surprise.

694824[/snapback]

Vet, this is the first I've heard of that, but I havent had the radio on, either. Is this solid, or heresay right now? I'm not sure how I feel about this guy right now, not so much for his missing playoff games , but for his "big payday" comments. The Jets D is, for fact, MUCH better when he plays, but history says he misses the big games, at least so far.