[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Roy Haters

billay

What happened to the ACC inyour eyes, and who do you support now?

I'm not sure. I've always hated Duke. I respected UNC under Smith. I didn't really respect Roy for leaving Kansas (not that I hold it against him, just seemed like he couldn't win, so he bailed....).

I think the constant ball-licking done to the conference on cable TV and the media gets on my nerves more than anything. Yes, it's the best conference in the game, but there are still 300+ other programs out there, and there are probably 15-20 teams that have as good a shot to get to the final 4 as Wake, Duke, and UNC.

Plus there's the whole ignoring of the Pacific and Mountain time zones to things, so I react poorly to hearing about other conferences too much. If it ain't on Monday and it ain't in Tucson, it ain't on SportsCenter.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm a Univ of Washington alum, and overall Pac-10 apologist.

Hate 'em if you want,  but the Heels have a very good shot at winning the whole thing this year.

707596[/snapback]

The point being that there are a few others that do to. Can they do it? Sure. I'm just hedging that they won't.

Edited by godtomsatan

I'm not sure. I've always hated Duke. I respected UNC under Smith. I didn't really respect Roy for leaving Kansas (not that I hold it against him, just seemed like he couldn't win, so he bailed....).

I think the constant ball-licking done to the conference on cable TV and the media gets on my nerves more than anything. Yes, it's the best conference in the game, but there are still 300+ other programs out there, and there are probably 15-20 teams that have as good a shot to get to the final 4 as Wake, Duke, and UNC.

Plus there's the whole ignoring of the Pacific and Mountain time zones to things, so I react poorly to hearing about other conferences too much. If it ain't on Monday and it ain't in Tucson, it ain't on SportsCenter.

The point being that there are a few others that do to. Can they do it? Sure. I'm just hedging that they won't.

707644[/snapback]

I hear what your saying, and the hype gets old. It seems as though every year begins with the conference getting praised, then the ACC puts 4 teams in the tourney and then we get bashed "See, the ACC ain't so great" I gusee part of it is that the old ACC (8 teams, you play everybody twice) was so hard core. College basketball was the only real big time sport in NC and for the most part, still is (apologies to the panthers, bobcats, and hurricanes)

You are right about west coast bball. I can honestly say I've never watched a PAC 10 game, mainly because it's so *** late here when they play.

The point being that there are a few others that do to.

Of course there are, but I didn't graduate from any of those other schools.

You are right about west coast bball.  I can honestly say I've never watched a PAC 10 game, mainly because it's so *** late here when they play.

707658[/snapback]

west coast bball is boring for the most part. The east coast and midwest (basically just east of the rockies) is where it's at for basketball.

:D

west coast bball is boring for the most part. 

707680[/snapback]

Watch this game and tell me it's boring: Arizona @ Washington on Saturday. 4pm EST, 1pm PST. If I'm reading the schedule right, it's NOT the ABC game this weekend, which is a joke. It's on FoxSports.

Just because no one will play defense won't make it boring.

Watch this game and tell me it's boring: Arizona @ Washington on Saturday. 4pm EST, 1pm PST. If I'm reading the schedule right, it's NOT the ABC game this weekend, which is a joke. It's on FoxSports.

Just because no one will play defense won't make it boring.

707695[/snapback]

you must be happy.

west coast bball is boring for the most part.  The east coast and midwest (basically just east of the rockies) is where it's at for basketball. 

:D

707680[/snapback]

:D ...... pretty shallow meat. You obviously don't watch much pac-10 ball because it's anything but boring. :D Like GodTom said........ defense is the forgotten art on the west coast, it's exciting bball. s Since I've been here in Seattle ( 1994)..... pac-10 ball has really suprised me. Growing up in cheeseland.... I was and still am a hugh Badger & Marquette fan... but I gotta tell 'ya, the huskies are a fun team to watch... not to mention Gonzaga across the state in spokane.

Arizona, Oregon Stanford, UCLA have had some pretty solid squads over the past 10 years. That national championship for UCLA here in Seattle in '94 was against a team just east of the rockies. :D

As for the Huskies..... the win vs. Arizona yesterday was awesome..... Trey Simmons was dialed in from outside with a ton of 3's...and Nate was solid with like 22. The Huskies got mauled in the paint but shot so well that it didn't matter.

....and don't forget about those pesky Zags. gonzaga has quietly put together another solid year and are built to win in the tounament..... they're freak'in HUGE on the frontline with rony turief, morrison & bautista.

BTW, nice win today billay..... I watched your boys in blue this afternoon. great win...... I've always like roy.

also, Marvin Williams is a local boy from Bremerton Wa. ( Sky's home town ).... right across the water from Seattle. Watched him here in HS.... absolute stud. :D

I've always like roy.

Marvin Williams is a local boy from Bremerton Wa. ( Sky's home town ).... right across the water from Seattle. Watched him here in HS.... absolute stud. :D

713988[/snapback]

Don't let anybody hear you say that Fraz, you're likely to get Tarred and Feathered. (No pun intended)

And as for Marvin Williams, you got that right. He is a stud. Everyone down here in Carolina Nation is hoping that we can keep him at least one more year. The guy would have been a lottery pick last year.

you must be happy.

713812[/snapback]

Only because the Huskies covered the -4. :D

I've decided not to invest too much emotion in this Washington team.

For those that don't know them, they have 4 potential NBA players on their roster (for *this* years draft), they have more athletic ability than any team in the nation (I'll stand by that one), and if the 3 is falling, don't even bother showing up to play them.

The problem is, while Lorenzo Romar is obviously a solid coach, this particular group seems like they have too many one-on-one guys on offense. While that presents matchup problems for most teams, there are all kinds of well-disciplined clubs that can play defense who will give them fits starting in Round 2 of the NCAAs. I just don't see them getting too far into the tourney.

FYI, I'll be doing a tournament challenge on CBS Sportsline this year, it will be open to all.  No money, just bragging rights

715257[/snapback]

I'll definitely be in it. I'm still thinking about who I honestly think will win it all. It's hard to predict.

I'll definitely be in it.  I'm still thinking about who I honestly think will win it all.  It's hard to predict.

715281[/snapback]

Oh for sure in. However, there's no need to say who's going to win it all until you see the matchups. Or just say Illinois until they lose.

Oh for sure in. However, there's no need to say who's going to win it all until you see the matchups. Or just say Illinois until they lose.

715286[/snapback]

I definitely can't pick IL. The favorites rarely win.