[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets inviting disaster.....

Rovers

I don't blame the Jets for losing Ferguson to Parcells, after all, he played for Parcells, and they have the same agent. Jordan, he was gone.. he wanted to start and deserves that chance, but...

They let the 49'ers sign Jennings out from under them, they don't seem to be very agressive in resigning McKenzie, and right now, we dont have a left tackle on the O line. Fabinini can't handle the left side, we know that already, so what the hell are they doing? If this is a choice between McKenzie and Smoot.... they had BETTER get McKenzie back. He's more important than Coles, Burress, Smoot, Law.... so what the H are they doing? They didnt make much of an effort at Williams, to replace Ferguson either. Fred Miller is the only other offensive tackle out there, and he's 32, and not as good as McKenzie is.

Does Bradway still have a pulse? I don't understand what the heck is going on here. With the loss of Ferguson and Jordan, they have plenty of cap to address these two critical line needs, but I am not hearing a word out of Jets camp. Both Evans and Reed, are the two most likely DL replacements, but both are unsigned unrestricted FA's. Harper, the olny remaining DL, is a restricted FA. Right now, the Jets have ONLY 3 D linemen on the whole roster! I'm lost.... and it seems that the Jets front office is too!

profootballtalk is reporting that word around the league is that the Jets are being used by agents to driv up prices for other teams. Like "Hey, the Jets will give us X amount, so top it." All this without any intention of actually going to the Jets.

FA were doing this with the Lions for years. Most notably, Anaeas Williams did it to raise the Cardinals' offer.

Peace

policy

Jets just signed Derrick Blaylock-RB

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/j...50303_jets.html

719940[/snapback]

Sounds like a sound move to me. Good to hear Rovers speaking intelligently on Jordan, the way the Jets fan on the FAN today were talking, you'd think the Jets let the second coming of Jim Brown escape.

Well, That is a step in the right direction. I earlier, should have more correctly said the Jets have only one defensive tackle on the roster, they still have 3 DE's. We HAVE to sign McKenzie or Miller, or Pennington is going to be getting a lot of blind side hits this year. I suppose we could draft a DT, but we would still need two more bodies there. No depth whatsoever.

why do we need a corner? Donnie abraham is still decent. Barret is decent and derrick straight was a steal in wahtever roudn we got him last year. Plus we have 2 great pass rushers in ellis and abraham - we definately do not need good corners.

What is all this talk about not having DT's on our team? josh evans is solid he can start. Have you forgotten about dewayne robertson? you konw the player who's play every gm in the league was drueling over. He had an awesome year albeit under the radar. The jets front four is fine. They also have bryan thomas who is a decent end. Ellis can play tackle too.

So relax buddy and yes jason fabini isn't great by any means but is adequate. Kendall and Mawae anchor the line now

Greatness, I havent forgotten about Robertson, he is the only DT we have left. Bryan Thompson is a DE as is Trevor Johnson, a 7th round pick from last year who hardly played. Josh Evans was on IR most of last year with a bad back, and is a free agent. James Reed, the first DT sub (14 tackles, 2 sacks) is also an unrestricted FA. Alan Harper is a restricted free agent, and the worst of the bunch. So, I repeat, we have but ONE defensive tackle on the roster, that is Robertson. Ellis is no tackle.

I never said we needed a DB, Bradway keeps saying it. He says he wants to get younger, and Smoot is on his radar.

Fabini was tried at left tackle, and almost got Pennington killed. He belongs on the right side. So, like I said, we have ONE DT on the team, and no offensive LT. I can live with using a draft pick for the DT spot, which does not address the lack of depth problem, but we need to sign McKenzie or Miller. We need Pennington to stay healthy for the whole year, and that wont happen unless we sign one of those two, in my opinion.

So, I see that there is a plan after all. We let the Giants have one of the best offensive left tackles in football, and we get the famous Lance Legree, he of the famous Giants rush D, a sure fire future pro bowl DT. Now, maybe we can get Jumbo Elliot to play the LT spot on offense. But hey, we got Blaylock, and he's a very important back up. These other starting positions really arent that important.

Rovers, I have a question for you. Wasn't McKenzie playing RT for the Jets? You said in your post that they let the Giants get one of the best left tackles. If he really is that good as a LT then I am even happier about this signing. Fill me in please.

Yea, I um, er, ah.... been blowin smoke! I got Fabini mixed up with McKenzie, actually they are both natural RT's. I was under the impression they would move McKenzie to the left, Fabini hasnt been all that good on that side. McKenzie gives you a good reason to be happy, he is a good run blocker and a better pass blocker. He got more money than Jennings of the Bills got from SanFran for a reason. This upsets the whole right side, but I just don't know where the Giants found that much cap space. I also wonder if the Giants might try to replace Pettigout, having him swap sides with McKenzie?

I also wonder if the Giants might try to replace Pettigout, having him swap sides with McKenzie?

Exactly why I was asking. Pettigout takes too many penalties and frankly I don't think he's good enough at LT. He used to play the right side and if memory serves, he did better.

nope, i read that the giants told mckenzie that he'll be playing right, they want pettigout to stay at LT.

"They made it clear to McKenzie that they wanted him to play right tackle. That allows Luke Petitigout to stay on the left side. It also enables the Giants to move two-year veteran Dave Diehl, an excellent young blocker who was forced to play right tackle in 2004, to his more natural position at guard."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2005066

There was some local sports radio that bounced the idea of flip flopping Pettigout and McKenzie, but probably speculation.

Back on the Jets fron, they signed Denver TE Jeb Putzier to an offer sheet. Id Denver doesnt match it, the Jets give up a sixth round pick.

So far, free agency has hurt, not helped the Jets. Holes in both lines, although we did get Blaylock to replace Jordan, this so far, really sucks. As it stands, both the D and O lines will not be as good as last year, and the D line has no depth at all, with only one DT on the roster at this point. That's what I said, just ONE DT on the roster. Even if we get Coles and a DB like Smoot, we arent as good as we were last year.

Correction: Oh, how could I forget, we got Legree, a cast off from the Giants D line, a fill-in starter. All is well.

Edited by Rovers