[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL blew a great opportunity

T-Scorp

Under the heading of what were they thinking...:D

Why not schedule Oakland at Minnesota for a preseason game to take advantage of the Moss trade?? :D

They could have actually sold out a preseason game with that match up!!! :doah:

NFL Preseason Schedule

Why not schedule Oakland at Minnesota for a preseason game to take advantage of the Moss trade??  :D

They could have actually sold out a preseason game with that match up!!!    :doah:

NFL Preseason Schedule

737225[/snapback]

:D:D Do you really think Moss would play more than a series or two and on the ones hedid play...would he play....play the tune to the "COPS" show...Bad Boys, Bad Boys...da da da,etc....Moss will sit on his money a@@ during preseason...bet on it!! I wouldn't pay to see him sit or play....trouble brews in Raider land if Collins does not look Randy's way almost every pass play and some running plays!! B et on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Why not schedule Oakland at Minnesota for a preseason game to take advantage of the Moss trade??  :D

They could have actually sold out a preseason game with that match up!!!    :doah:

NFL Preseason Schedule

737225[/snapback]

It's preseason, who cares???

Moss doesn't play half the downs in the regular season (although he might be on the field), I can just imagine preseason.

I am sure the opponents are set in advance, the dates and times just needed to be finalized.

I think that the teams have great discretion over their preseason schedules and set the matchups themselves. The NFL just doesn't have the same control over the preseason schedule like it does when making up the regular season schedule.

Minnesota actually has done pretty well in attendance of its preseason games and I'm sure that they don't have much interest in feeding the hype of a Randy Moss v. Vikings grudge match. They are just happy he's gone, it seems.

Right now, I look forward to Pre-Season.

:D  :D Do you really think Moss would play more than a series or two and on the ones hedid play...would he play....play the tune to the "COPS" show...Bad Boys, Bad Boys...da da da,etc....Moss will sit on his money a@@ during preseason...bet on it!!  I wouldn't pay to see him sit or play....trouble brews in Raider land if Collins does not look Randy's way almost every pass play and some running plays!!  B et on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

737605[/snapback]

I think Moss would have loved to play on his old home field. (see his stats versus Dallas, who said they were going to draft him and then didn't) You may see a whole new Randy this next season. All this crap about him playing when he wants to is old. The man has the best stats of any receiver in the first 7 seasons of his career. (even better than the immortal one Jerry Rice) You don't put up those stats if your not playing. IF the Vikings had won Superbowls in 1998 and 2000 (it wasn't the offense those years it was the defense that let them down) everyone would be talking about him as the best receiver to play the game. Did they win a Superbowl? No, was it all Randy's fault? No. Unless you have watched every game the Vikings have played since Randy has been there, you are relying on highlights from ESPN or some other sports show. We all know how unbaised those are. :D

It's preseason, who cares???

Moss doesn't play half the downs in the regular season (although he might be on the field), I can just imagine preseason.

I am sure the opponents are set in advance, the dates and times just needed to be finalized.

737645[/snapback]

You're right about the preseason and who cares, which goes to my point of Oakland versus MN. People might actually care to watch it. Since the Vikings don't play Oakland until 2007 (unless they meet in the Superbowl) preseason is the only time you would see the matchup.

You're right, Randy did play about half the downs during the reagular season game...the other half were played by the defense :D

I thought that the teams had a little more say in who they played in the preseason.