[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't you wish they all had this kinda attitude?

rajncajn

Heard the interview Friday where he said this. He basically says that he would be more than happy to give back the money if he didn't play up to the contract the Saints give him.

-- Horn Would be Willing to Give $$$ Back If... --

Mon Mar 21, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Times-Picayune reports WR Joe Horn said, regarding a new deal, he is even willing to include a clause in the contract that would return money to the team if his production doesn't merit his pay. "If they give me a contract that's equal to the top two or three guys in the league and I'm not producing, then I would be willing to sign on the dotted line to give the money back to the organization," Horn said. "I think that's fair. "I love New Orleans. I want to retire here. I want them to hang my jersey up in the Superdome one day. I don't want to play anywhere else. That's why I want to get a deal done. But I want to be paid what I feel I deserve." Saints HC Jim Haslett said Sunday he expects all of the veterans to report today with the exception of about three or four with excused absences.

Wow, he holds out for a new contract practically every year . . . such great attitude.

J/K, I love Hollywood, but he is hardly a model citizen.

Peace

policy

743466[/snapback]

When he took that contract before the FO told him they didn't want to sign him to a long term deal because of his age. They told him they would see how he performs the next couple of years & then reconsider. He's done nothing but perform since then & has exceeded their expectations, so I don't see why he doesn't deserve a new contract that will allow him to retire as a Saint. They've also promised him a new contract, so it's not like he's just pulling the idea out of arse. Now whether they are able to do that or not is another question. The amount of cap hit they would take with a big contract from Horn could cause them to lose one of their younger stars down the road & I know they're not going to jeopordize that. In the interview he said he understood that as well & also said that he is no longer asking for top 5 money, he just want to get paid for the performance he's given.