[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Rumors

spain

NFL NEWS:

There has been no official reports/indications that SAN FRANCISCO has taken or solicited offers for the #1 overall choice... but there has been heavy speculation out of several very reliable sources on the West Coast that SAN DIEGO, who own three picks in the first two rounds, including a pair of round picks (#12, #28 and #61), plus two young signal callers (Drew Brees and Philip Rivers) could at least investigate a possible move up the draft board between now and April 23rd... obtaining the rights to either Brees or Rivers, besides giving them a new starting quarterback, would also provide the 49ers with a more cap-friendly contract than the one they would have to offer to the #1 overall pick in this year's draft... if the Chargers were to obtain the top choice it would likely be done to acquire the rights to Michigan wide receiver Braylon Edwards, who is also receiving a lot of consideration from the Miami Dolphins who own the rights to the #2 overall pick.

This would seem to make sense for all parties involved... the first indicator that it will probably never happen.

If it were to happen, Brees would have to be the QB involved. Trading Rivers would accelerate his all of his signing bonus to this year's cap, which would seem to be unmanagable. That's my understanding, at least.

braylon edwards is not worth the first pick you idiots - he's a michigan receiver!

david terrel, marquis walker, desmond howard, tai streets - name one who excelled. i believe edwards will be by far the best of this group but still not worth the top pick. michigan receivers are alomst as bad as gator receivers turning pro

braylon edwards is not worth the first pick you idiots - he's a michigan receiver!

david terrel, marquis walker, desmond howard, tai streets - name one who excelled. i believe edwards will be by far the best of this group but still not worth the top pick.  michigan receivers are alomst as bad as gator receivers turning pro

752278[/snapback]

amani toomer? :D

Jan 26th,1997 SUPER BOWL XXXI......MVP-Desmond Howard.......that's not a bad thing to have on your resume as a former U of M reciever.

I myself am a Spartan slappy and we all know that MSU is NFL Wide Reciever Heaven.........D Mason. M Muhammad,P Burress,and maybe C Rogers down the road. Oh yeah, I almost forgot......Kirk Gibson....wait,now I'm all confused.