[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looks like the Jets

BiggieFries

This is far from a done deal. There will be lawsuits galore. The Dolans, who own Madison Square Garden and Cablevision, as well as the Rangers and Knicks, will not go away quietly. As a Jets fan, I wish they would build the stadium in Queens somewhere, but this is the second best option. I hate the Dolans, they have this sweetheart deal with MSG, where they pay NO taxes! They are just money grubbing scum, and they know that they will lose some Garden events to this new stadium. They still have to get money from the state, and that is by no means a certainty.

Woody Johnson, of Johnson & Johnson fame and owner of the Jets, is a Manhattan socialite, and he wants the stadium in Manhattan, where tailgating will be impossible. He also has the money to foot the whole bill.... but they will start issuing bonds garanteed by the state. Because the governor and mayor are behind it, and they control most of the boards and commitees that have the most say in what will happen things will move forward, for the time being. Once all the impact studies are done, and they are ready to break ground, the lawsuits will start up in a delaying tactic. Far from a done deal. The Jets lease at Giants stadium is up in 2009. The Jets may find themselves with no place to play thier home games.

This is far from a done deal.

Correctamundo. This is a major step in the process, but it still has alot of opposition.

The Jets lease at Giants stadium is up in 2009.  The Jets may find themselves with no place to play thier home games.

759393[/snapback]

Los Angeles Jets? How's that sound? :D

This is far from a done deal. There will be lawsuits galore. The Dolans, who own Madison Square Garden and Cablevision, as well as the Rangers and Knicks, will not go away quietly. As a Jets fan, I wish they would build the stadium in Queens somewhere, but this is the second best option. I hate the Dolans, they have this sweetheart deal with MSG, where they pay NO taxes! They are just money grubbing scum, and they know that they will lose some Garden events to this new stadium. They still have to get money from the state, and that is by no means a certainty.

759393[/snapback]

Oh I know the scum known as the Dolans very well. I used to work for Cablevision a few years ago. MSG is by far one of the worst managed companies ever. And the all knowing Jim Dolan heads that mess up. Once Charles let his son take over, that company went down the crapper. Perfect example of people that have more money than they know what to do with.