[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dolphins decide on Alex Smith...

Jo

Here's some astute college writers' opinion on the top picks in this draft. Interesting read, esp. their take on the top QBs. These guys really know their stuff too.

781039[/snapback]

Thanks! That was a good read. Makes me feel better about all the Mocks that have the Saints taking Thmoas Davis from Georgia.

Gruden has pointed out recently all the things Simms does wrong peppered with some positive.  I think he has pretty much had his chance in Tampa. 

781035[/snapback]

The reason Gruden did that was because there was some controversey here in Tampa when the Bucs resigned Griese. Some people wanted to hand over the reigns to Simms and proclaim this season as "rebuilding". Gruden wanted to squash the hype surrounding Simms and I think he did that quite well.

How has Simms had his chance in Tampa? He has only played in 1.5 regular season games, hardly a "chance".

How has Simms had his chance in Tampa?  He has only played in 1.5 regular season games, hardly a "chance".

781071[/snapback]

I agree that is hardly a chance but it does not appear to me that Gruden has the patience for Simms. Unless Griese gets hurt I don't think Simms gets another shot at the starting job. If not by trade, I don't see him resigned, especially if they draft a QB early this year. I'm not saying he shouldn't get more than 1.5 games to show his worth...in fact I think that he has not had enough of a chance.

I agree that is hardly a chance but it does not appear to me that Gruden has the patience for Simms.  Unless Griese gets hurt I don't think Simms gets another shot at the starting job.  If not by trade, I don't see him resigned, especially if they draft a QB early this year.  I'm not saying he shouldn't get more than 1.5 games to show his worth...in fact I think that he has not had enough of a chance.

781096[/snapback]

It strikes me as strange how quickly Simms has faded from being the next #1 in TB. At the end of last seasons training camp it looked like Gruden couldn't broom Johnson off the field fast enough to get Simms in there. Simms plays a little.....gets hurt and now the talk is of TB looking to draft a QB? Puzzling......

It strikes me as strange how quickly Simms has faded from being the next #1 in TB. At the end of last seasons training camp it looked like Gruden couldn't broom Johnson off the field fast enough to get Simms in there. Simms plays a little.....gets hurt and now the talk is of TB looking to draft a QB? Puzzling......

781474[/snapback]

Until the draft, it's just talk. I think Gruden would like to move down for the right deal (as would most of the teams in the top 10). A. Smith is just a pawn in this little game. I'd be shocked to see TB take a QB early.

Until the draft, it's just talk.  I think Gruden would like to move down for the right deal (as would most of the teams in the top 10).  A. Smith is just a pawn in this little game.  I'd be shocked to see TB take a QB early.

781498[/snapback]

The Bucs need a QB because they only have Greise, Simms, and AIKLI SIMTH....I see them picking up a QB late on day one.

The Bucs need a QB because they only have Greise, Simms, and AIKLI SIMTH....I see them picking up a QB late on day one.

781546[/snapback]

Right. That's why I said early. I'd be shocked to see the Bucs take Alex Smith. I would not be shocked to see them take Kyle Orton (or someone in that range).

Right.  That's why I said early.  I'd be shocked to see the Bucs take Alex Smith.  I would not be shocked to see them take Kyle Orton (or someone in that range).

781655[/snapback]

If Alex Smith is still there at #5 I have a feeling that the Cards will trade up to get him. Bucs will then get Caddy at #8 and pick up an extra 3rd and 4th round pick. Just a feeling though :D