[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

policy's mock

policyvote

More info on the Jets.... from the NY Daily News...

With cornerback Donnie Abraham mulling retirement, the Jets have begun to explore the free-agent market for a possible replacement. Former Titan Andre Dyson, the best available cornerback not named Ty Law, will be in New York this weekend to meet with Jets officials, two sources said yesterday.

The timing of the visit means the Jets may want to solidify the position before the draft a week from today. If they were to sign Dyson, a four-year starter who turns 26 next month, it would reduce the need to pick a cornerback in the first round.

The Jets, picking 26th overall, may feel the top corners will be gone by the time they're on the clock. That, combined with the uncertainty of Abraham's future, explains the interest in Dyson.

That Dyson still is available is a surprise, considering his age and production (16 interceptions in four seasons). Only one team has brought him in for a visit - the Seahawks - and the cap-strapped Titans seem lukewarm to the idea of re-signing him. Perhaps his asking price scared away potential suitors.

The Jets were thin at the position even before Abraham, 31, informed the team of his feelings. If Abraham retires, it would leave only two corners with starting experience - David Barrett and Ray Mickens, 32, who is tying to come back from major knee surgery. They also have promising second-year player Derrick Strait.

Coach Herm Edwards, speaking Thursday at a predraft news briefing, didn't rule out the possibility of pursuing Law, who missed most of the Patriots' season with a broken foot. The Jets are thought to be monitoring Law, 31, who may not be able to pass a physical until June or July.

If the Jets do in fact sign Dyson (oh, please God!) then Jones does become a possibilty! (but only if Miller is off the board) Strait isnt ready to start yet.... I'm sure they want to use him in the nickel this year, to get his ears wet. Then, a Safety to replace Tongue either this year or next becomes a possibility as well. I sold my couch. The new owners may object to me setting it on fire. Even if they didn't, I'd probably have to wear clothes.

Well, policy, see the Jets thread for the latest hogwash from Bradway, Edwards, et al. The one thing I didnt mention in that thread was the fact that Bradway said they would NOT be doing anything FA wise, or otherwise until after the draft. What do you get when you Google "How to blow up an NFL team headquarters"?